Finally Installed, Revan Racing 13-6 Kit

Ky GT500

Established Member
It is very possible to make that power level but every dyno reads differently, you have a higher DA' in Arizona and that fuel.....UGH.

With that said I have customers with the same set up that have made over 700 at the wheel on California 91 pump.

I just don't like promising a number when there are too many factors beyond our control.

Van

Ya I only want to do one, just want to at least make 700whp so I'm guessing the 13-6 package with a 2.93 upper and a off road h pipe will do the trick.

In Ky, 70+% humidity, 93 JL tune,13-6, LT's, H pipe, 10%, I hit 725RWHP and 747Trq,, 805 crank HP. With cooler air, I think it would do even more.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
It is very possible to make that power level but every dyno reads differently, you have a higher DA' in Arizona and that fuel.....UGH.

With that said I have customers with the same set up that have made over 700 at the wheel on California 91 pump.

I just don't like promising a number when there are too many factors beyond our control.

Van

I know and I always appreciate your honesty, well hopefully ill be calling you in 2 weeks to order everything, I can't wait:banana:

x_calibur_daryl

Established Member
The only thing that makes me wary of the mod bug is the warranty issue. I only do bolt on changes and store all of my old parts, so returning something to stock for a claim, wouldn't bother me... but I'm guessing after it's been tuned, a footprint is left and it's too late at that point?

I know some brands of tuners claim they leave no traces, but I find that hard to believe.

Would you see any gains from the throttle body, intake tube, and plugs for now, and just stash the tuner away until the warranty expires, then plug it in there?

Van@RevanRacing

The only thing that makes me wary of the mod bug is the warranty issue. I only do bolt on changes and store all of my old parts, so returning something to stock for a claim, wouldn't bother me... but I'm guessing after it's been tuned, a footprint is left and it's too late at that point?

I know some brands of tuners claim they leave no traces, but I find that hard to believe.

Would you see any gains from the throttle body, intake tube, and plugs for now, and just stash the tuner away until the warranty expires, then plug it in there?

Ford can see when the PCM has been flashed. For what or how is the question. Also, the number of key cycles after said PCM flash.

You can pick up some power with just a resonator delete and throttle body with some plugs. If you're seriously concerned about voiding your warranty that is entirely up to how mod friendly your dealer is. I have customers with tunes, intakes, throttle body's and the dealer is fine with it.

Talk to your service manager before making a decision this way you are not guessing.

x_calibur_daryl

Established Member
That's the rub... I purchased the car 300 miles away and hauled it home. I do have a local dealer in town for warranty issues, but doubt he'd cut me any slack since I didn't buy from him.

That's why I figured I'd just throw the question out there, and see if it would be worth picking up a little extra kick for now using stuff I could return to stock, and go full tilt with the tune after the warranty period.

After finding a few other threads on here, it seems the general consensus is that the 65mm TB works just fine with no tune, so I guess it should be okay.

If this goes right, future plans are to go with a 10% pulley swap as well. Even though, I'm not crazy about grinding anything on my engine, it seems a better option than messing with my SC. I also wondered with adding an OD setup, would that drive ALL other accessories including SC faster causing more parasitic loss than an upper pulley, or possibly wearing out accessory systems faster than usual due to increased revolutions?

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
You can run the FRPP 65 MM T/B with no tune, and you actually pick up decent power.

lockman

Established Member
Just don't run the throttle body and cold air intake it can give a lean code. If it hasn't been tuned that is. That's what happened to me anyway but it's tuned now with the pulley and runs great.

bluesnake263

Baby hulk
Established Member
I picked up the JLT intake and lund tund from Van, and i would love to grab the throttle body and pulley swap to complete the 13-6 kit but the monthly payment on this beast makes that very difficult lol.

Eviltwins344

Creepy Lurker
Established Member
I'll have to go find my dyno sheet but if I recall it settled in right around 11.8, if that sounds right. I defiantly remember the operator of the dyno saying that it never got out if the safe zone.

Users who are viewing this thread