finally in

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Why is everyone so down on the Goodyear tires

According to tire rack they are stickier than the michelin's

Just a thought

They are good tires for hot, dry weather. People are bothered by their cold weather performance...which they are NOT designed to perform well in.

MNCobra

Established Member
Why is everyone so down on the Goodyear tires

According to tire rack they are stickier than the michelin's

Just a thought

i think, from all the posts i have read, it has mainly to do with colder climates and MN its only really hot once every 100 years or it may last two weeks then get cold again...plus they dont last very long...

Iceman5000

Speedfreak
Established Member
It's not just in cold weather, the goodyears have to be very warm (hot) to get sticky. Even when the air temp was 90 degrees this summer, until the tires heated up, they sucked! As a performance tire, on a road course and such they are excellent after they get warmed up, but until that point they just spin. The Michelin Pilot Super Sports have much better traction at all temperatures even though they are also a warm weather tire, and they don't have to be "heated up" to get good traction. The Goodyears are also very loud and stiff, with a much harsher ride, and they pick up every little pebble and throw it up in the wheel well, so it always sounds like you are driving through newly laid asphalt.

NametoShowOther

Established Member
on the goodyear vs michelin ss front. I just put on my '11 shelby (same size as the '13) Michelin SS. There is no comparison between the two in regular driving - the michelin are far superior. I can accelerate hard in wide temperature range without spinning or worry about going sideways on a freeway on ramp.

I was very impressed with the goodyears at the track day - I live in houston and I still had to warm them up. It was fun warming them up every morning prior to getting on the freeway, but it does hurt the pocketbook as the rears do not last very long that way.

MNCobra

Established Member
I happened to be down there Saturday, I was taking some pictures and realized that I had a little shot of your car after reading your post.

wish you got more...still waiting on the dealer to send me the pictures and video....thanks for the shot by the way....

Users who are viewing this thread