Finally in a Cobra

edved37

Established Member
We'll I've been a member here forever and wanted a cobra forever and finally make it happen. This picture is horrible, but it was the only one I snapped on the drive home this morning. I'll try to post more after work, weather permitting.

03 Sonic Blue, 2 owner car with 14,500 miles. Still smelled of new car inside.
3 point strut tower brace
Flow Master cat back exhaust
Ford Motor Sport 3.73 gears
Steeda 2.8 blower pulley
Cold air intake
1700 CFM throttle body
Stainless steal ceramcoated headers (not installed)
Maximum Motor Sports caster camber plates
Maximum Motor Sports rear bushings
Maximum Motor Sports springs
Maximum Motor Sports full length sub frame connectors (not installed)
IRS brace
Diablo Sport Programmer

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Congrats that is one sharp looking SB vert. I agree on the light bar as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Congrats, welcome to the vert club, nothing better than a night time cruise on the highway with the top down this time of year. But skip the lightbar and put in either a 4pt or 6pt rollbar from MM. Looks awesome, stiffens the car and could actually save your life.

Last edited:

limitedex

Love me some SVT
Established Member
Welcome to the SVT family. I remember how great it felt with my first SVT.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congratulations on buying your first Cobra. The one you found looks really nice, with a nice set of base mods. I agree with adding a light bar to enhance the looks when the top is down. When are you going to install the stainless steel headers you have?

edved37

Established Member
Thanks for all the compliments guys, a light bar was on my list also.

Congratulations on buying your first Cobra. The one you found looks really nice, with a nice set of base mods. I agree with adding a light bar to enhance the looks when the top is down. When are you going to install the stainless steel headers you have?
I'm not sure, from what I've read most headers don't do much for power, just sound. They were a throw in deal on the car so I'm not sure I'll even install them.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
put on the headers....

You'll skip wood and go straight to creaming every time you start your car

In all seriousness though, while the headers aren't the same as slapping on smaller pulley to up the boost, in my 01 I did notice a substantial increase of power not under WOT/at WOT in the wrong gear. So for like accelerating without downshifting to pass, getting through an intersection, etc...

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you get it for (I'm leaning more and more towards getting a Terminator)

Last edited by a moderator:

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
put on the headers....

You'll skip wood and go straight to creaming every time you start your car

In all seriousness though, while the headers aren't the same as slapping on smaller pulley to up the boost, in my 01 I did notice a substantial increase of power not under WOT/at WOT in the wrong gear. So for like accelerating without downshifting to pass, getting through an intersection, etc...

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you get it for (I'm leaning more and more towards getting a Terminator)

Would be really interested to know this as well if OP doesn't mind saying, or at least ballparking it. My guess would be 24k.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Guy was originally asking $29k and just dropped it to $25k. I bought it for $24.5k, which I thought was a good deal with all the other cars I had looked at with 3-6 owners and 30-50k miles asking in the same range. The car looked new and still smelled new inside too. He had owned it since 2004 and put 7k miles on in that time.

You got a good deal as well as a popular color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread