Finally got some exhaust clips

Add Name Here

Hook Damn It Hook
Established Member
I finally got around to getting some exhaust vids, the quality isn't super nice but the sounds is what matters. I've been fighting back and forth over the sounds since I got it done so I'd love all honest opinions, seriously you're not gonna hurt my feelings lol I wasn't a huge fan at first but they are growing on me. This is the first time hearing from outside the car and it sounds way better at WOT on the outside than inside. I like the WOT but the regular cruising/shifting is what I'm not 100% on yet. I tried to get the sound on the regular drive by vids but ehhhhh. Ok so I've got AR 1 7/8 Longtubes with 3.5" collectors, off road H-pipe, and Borla S-Type Axle Backs.

Drive by
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmpezaB36MM&feature=youtu.be

Drive by 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfXK2jATHic&feature=youtu.be
(This one you can hear kinda what i mean as it passes)

Wide open
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAOueSYsR8s&feature=youtu.be

Wide open squirrely
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6tcPQcL3_A&feature=youtu.be
(Thought, hey I'll try from first........nope)

railroad

Established Member
I like the under power sound, but the soft accel sound is too blap blap for me. Sounds real good in pull.

Add Name Here

Hook Damn It Hook
Established Member
I like the under power sound, but the soft accel sound is too blap blap for me. Sounds real good in pull.

That's exactly what i don't like about it, as well as the burps and backfires when you downshift from 3rd to 2nd. If only i drove around at WOT all the time hahaha. The drive by 1 vid was the best way I can describe it but I had to make it do that as I passed the camera. it gets the "blap blap" type sound on the last few seconds/rpms before you shift. You can kind of keep it from doing that if you baby the rpms like in the first drive by vid but that's no fun. I was thinking about putting the stockers back on or I'd really like to try the SW piece but I mean again I don't hate it I just have OCD and regardless of what I get I'll find something I don't like lol. Thanks gtcs and power wheels for the replies :beer:

JPs2013GT500

I can count to potato
Established Member
Thank you for posting these. I have the same mufflers (with off-road H but stock manifolds) and haven't been able to hear them from the outside yet. I think it sounds pretty good overall. I hope mine sounds that good at WOT. Like you said, from the inside of the vehicle a WOT pass on the s-types sounds horrible (just loud noise, no tone IMHO)...but from your videos here it sounds pretty good from the outside.

FWIW, I keep switching back and forth between the Borla's and stock mufflers (almost weekly it seems) mainly because of the borla popping on deceleration but also because of the overall sound volume. The s-types seem pretty darn loud under throttle in the city though. Overall sound volume is tough to convey on video. After switching several times I still can't make up my mind as to which I prefer. :/

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
Thanks for posting this I plan to run the same setup. The LT's and mid pipe must be causing the popping because on mine w/ stock manifolds and mid pipe the S types sound very smooth. Personally I like how your car sounds, got any start up and idle vids?

Add Name Here

Hook Damn It Hook
Established Member
Thank you for posting these. I have the same mufflers (with off-road H but stock manifolds) and haven't been able to hear them from the outside yet. I think it sounds pretty good overall. I hope mine sounds that good at WOT. Like you said, from the inside of the vehicle a WOT pass on the s-types sounds horrible (just loud noise, no tone IMHO)...but from your videos here it sounds pretty good from the outside.

FWIW, I keep switching back and forth between the Borla's and stock mufflers (almost weekly it seems) mainly because of the borla popping on deceleration but also because of the overall sound volume. The s-types seem pretty darn loud under throttle in the city though. Overall sound volume is tough to convey on video. After switching several times I still can't make up my mind as to which I prefer. :/

They are very loud under throttle, my camera guy can confirm that lol! Black Beauty i will try to get some start up and idle vids soon. Here is one in car vid but as already stated I don't think the sound is captured that well in cab as well as it doesn't sound that great compared to outside anyways

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WmZuYS3iAo&feature=youtu.be

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
That's exactly what i don't like about it, as well as the burps and backfires when you downshift from 3rd to 2nd. If only i drove around at WOT all the time hahaha. The drive by 1 vid was the best way I can describe it but I had to make it do that as I passed the camera. it gets the "blap blap" type sound on the last few seconds/rpms before you shift. You can kind of keep it from doing that if you baby the rpms like in the first drive by vid but that's no fun. I was thinking about putting the stockers back on or I'd really like to try the SW piece but I mean again I don't hate it I just have OCD and regardless of what I get I'll find something I don't like lol. Thanks gtcs and power wheels for the replies :beer:

snap crackle pop is what i call it, hate that part possibly do to the mufflers being to close to the rear its been said.

Users who are viewing this thread