Votes: 43 10.1%
  • Put the stock hood back on.

Votes: 23 5.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

04blackSVT

Established Member
Looks great. I would keep it. A matter-of-fact where did you get it so I can order one?

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
HOLY &*$#%@..... WOW!!!!

I think I like that last action shot the best though:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Drool! Very cool.... Very tastefully done!!!
Jimmy:thumbsup:

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
Thanks Jimmy :beer: I like your sig pic. And I love autocrossing/road racing, I am very passionate about it. There is just something about that I love.

But since the thread is back up, these two pics are for you Jimmy :thumbsup:

img_0715_host_2.jpg

img_0716_host_2.jpg

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
I think I've decided why the hood looks so darn good. Basically, it looks so freakin good because A)it looks like the stock hood (so much so that I thought the first pic was of the stock hood at first) and B) it makes the hood look like it's got scales...... LIKE A COBRA! How appropriate, I think. Not to mention the 13-15lb weight savings.

Real nice, JKD, real nice. :thumbsup: :coolman: :D

Shoot me a PM and let me know where u got it and whatnot... I'm curious... sure it wasn't cheap though, aside from having it painted.

vbaz13

Proud Member of
Established Member
The hood look GREAT. Where did you get the vent covers, I've been looking for something better than the stock vents ?

Thanks for the help,

Vince

NHRACobra

Cobra guy
Established Member
Definitely looks bad. Those large scoops will help underhood temperature. :thumbsup:

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
Thanks guys :beer:

vbaz - those vent covers came with the hood. They were originally silver, but that looked terrible, so I painted them black. You wouldn't be able to put them on a stock hood.

vbaz13

Proud Member of
Established Member
Does anyone know where I can get some vent covers like that for the stock hood ?

Thanks,

Vince

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
vbaz - you can order that type of wire mesh from a lot of import shops. I haven't been able to find it in any local department stores. But, you still wouldn't be able to use it on the stock hood. The wire mesh on the CF hood is connected to the underside of the hood. It is held on by little prongs. The stock hood does not have that.

The stock hood has a notch in it for the stock vents, so if you took those vents out, and attached the wire mesh to the bottom of the hood, it still would not look as good because of how the stock hood is. . . .

give me one sec and I will take a picture to show you. . . .

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
here is a pic of the vents from the underside. . . .this is how it is attached to the hood

img_1366.jpg

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
Now, in this pic, you see how smooth the vent openings are?

close_up_painted_vents.jpg

And here is the stock hood, as you can see, it has a notch in it for the stock vents. So putting some wire mesh in place of the stock vents might not look too good.

img_1368.jpg

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
anytime man :beer: You could still try to do it if you want, but you would just have to find some way to rig it up. You wouldn't be able to just pop in the wire mesh vents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread