Finally got it!!!!!!

rmgtc01

Established Member
:D
Well after 2 years of waiting and 7 months of looking, I finally got an 03 Cobra Conv. It is Redfire Red with a black top and gray interior, 5k miles. HELL YEAH!!!!! Anywho, well as soon as I started driving home, a new silver M3 tried punking me. (Oh, could the gods smile upon me any more.) Got to a 1/2 mile straight away, and he got left like 5-6 cars back. Hit about 135. ( Had a little trouble shifting, still adjusting to the clutch and that damn 3rd gear) We got up to the light and his girlfriend started laughing at him for getiting beat. (maybe I should have asked her out right then.):coolman:
So finally, I can feel like one of the group :D

If anyone can host pics I have some.

Rob

Last edited:

rmgtc01

Established Member
Thanks
I want to pulley it, but what warraties am I voiding? I only have 5k miles. The story behind it is that this car was a dealer buy back. The owner took it in for a "front main oil seal leak" , not exactly sure. But it was in maintenance for over 30 hours, and under the lemon law the consumer has the option to let the dealer buy the car back. So they did. The car was sent to Michigan to be fixed. Got fixed and then got sent to a ford dealer only auction, where it came down here. So it is still covered under warranty obviously, so as long as the problem was fixed, and hopefully nothing else goes wrong, I am good.
But this is why I don't want to engine mod too much yet till my warranty is up. I am ordering the flowmaster full exhaust kit, x-pipe, and some brand of CAI (don't know which one) (I can take this off if I need to) and maybe a throttle body. That should keep me satisfied for a while. I want to focus on suspension/handling (b/c of the conv.) getting a tri-ax, roll bar, speedster cover, etc.
If anyone has comments on the maintenance that was done, or has any suggestions on parts, mods or companies, please feel free to PM or write back.

rmgtc01

Established Member
the story about the car came from the carfax and the dealership owner

Wilson & Co

SnakeJockeyExtraordinaire
Established Member
If your worried about warranty then don't mod. Simple as that.

Ford will void your warranty faster than a canadian goose can shit if they see a pulley.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If you want to keep your warrantee intact stick to basic mods like:
CAI
Catback
Shifter

Some dealers will also be cool with a throttle body/plenum mod and X/H pipe with high flow cats. Stay away from a catless setup, pulley and chip. At least as long as you can. LOL!

Users who are viewing this thread