Finally got her to the dyno-vids

ademily87

Established Member
Mods are 2.8 pulley, slp exhaust, and an intake. And be easy on me, she's about to hit 118000 miles!! lol

Heres some videos and a photo. My dumb self deleted the first video on accident. these are the last two pulls. Enjoy!!

edit: youtube is being freaking stupid and only showing the same video twice when I try to embed it. Same youtube video, but I selected different ones to embed and its doing the same thing?!?! oh well. I'll try to get the other one up later.

2003 Ford Mustang Cobra Dyno - YouTube

IMG_2645_zpsb38d83a9.jpg

Uncorrected
dynouncorrected001_zps4002641c.jpg

Corrected
dynosaecorrected001_zps962e8668.jpg

WeeZee

Member of NMRA
Established Member
Nice numbers and Cobra's never seem get old just age slowly. Sounds great also

ademily87

Established Member
Nice numbers and Cobra's never seem get old just age slowly. Sounds great also

So I'm learning!! The guys were impressed, to say the least.

Good looking Cobra. Sounds angry, that SLP really wakes her up. :beer:

Yea I hated the slp at first, (was on the car when I got it) but its really starting to grow on me. Gets lots of compliments and I think it scares most other cars away from me lol all bark, just a little bite. :D:beer:

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

I8URLS1

Established Member
Good #'s but it looks like it gets a bit lean on the top end. What do you have for fuel mods? I'd be careful as it looks to be around 13:1 from 5500 and up

And I only make mention of this as I would hate to see a fellow member lose a motor

leegro1015

Established Member
Good #'s but it looks like it gets a bit lean on the top end. What do you have for fuel mods? I'd be careful as it looks to be around 13:1 from 5500 and up

And I only make mention of this as I would hate to see a fellow member lose a motor

I was looking at the same thing. but if the air/fuel was taken from the tailpipe they will read a little leaner than what is actually going on. what kind of timing are you running?

Smacked_in_ATL

Stock!
Established Member
I was looking at the same thing. but if the air/fuel was taken from the tailpipe they will read a little leaner than what is actually going on. what kind of timing are you running?

Negative, tail pipe sniffer won't be that off. They are actually decent if you have no cats. Plenty of reputable tuners use them.

OP, do not go into Boost. You have a horrible looking AF curve. You go out playing in this colder weather you going to blow your motor.

leegro1015

Established Member
Negative, tail pipe sniffer won't be that off. They are actually decent if you have no cats. Plenty of reputable tuners use them.

OP, do not go into Boost. You have a horrible looking AF curve. You go out playing in this colder weather you going to blow your motor.

Ok then i must have missed where he said he didn't have cats. Tailpile sniffers can be of by .5 of a point. Even more if there is an exhaust leak before the tailpipe. This is why most REPUTABLE tuners will atleast pull one of the down stream 02 sensors and pop a wideband in. For the best results and proper air fuel sampling the wideband needs to be as close to the header collector as possible. Also this lean air/fuel ratio doesnt necessarily mean he will blow his motor. With 20+ degrees of timing yes. but 14-15 probably not. There are a few variables that are missing to make that blanket statement.
OP you are trending up in the higher rpms. I assume you are running factory injectors. You may need to invest in a boost-a-pump and up the fuel pressure in the tune. Mine used to trend up like that in the higher rpms. Once i increased the fuel pressure my line is as commanded.

Last edited:

I8URLS1

Established Member
Yeah I just wanted to make him aware of it as I would hate to see him lose a motor when he could just throw a boost a pump on there and it should have no issues then.

ademily87

Established Member

Stock timing as far as I know.

I think that's my fault...me being the noob I am to terminators, went out and bought some motorcraft spark plugs, oem replacement and I'm pretty sure the box said they were set at .054. I didn't gap them, so do you think after 5000rpm I'm blowing out the spark causing it to run lean up top?

I did it bass ackwards and installed the spark plugs and THEN did my research. :banghead: Probably gonna go pick up some ngk tr6 plugs this weekend and gap em at .032 (right?).

Do you think I'm blowing the spark out? I've put 16k miles on the car since march and tracked it a few times, but I put the spark plugs in only a few weeks ago.

Ok then i must have missed where he said he didn't have cats. Tailpile sniffers can be of by .5 of a point. Even more if there is an exhaust leak before the tailpipe. This is why most REPUTABLE tuners will atleast pull one of the down stream 02 sensors and pop a wideband in. For the best results and proper air fuel sampling the wideband needs to be as close to the header collector as possible. Also this lean air/fuel ratio doesnt necessarily mean he will blow his motor. With 20+ degrees of timing yes. but 14-15 probably not. There are a few variables that are missing to make that blanket statement.
OP you are trending up in the higher rpms. I assume you are running factory injectors. You may need to invest in a boost-a-pump and up the fuel pressure in the tune. Mine used to trend up like that in the higher rpms. Once i increased the fuel pressure my line is as commanded.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm gonna look into it in the next month or so. I'm just gonna park it until I know its safe and drive my truck. And I do have some exhaust leaks that you can hear quite loud...somebody didn't do a good job installing this exhaust. Thanks again though:beer:

Yeah I just wanted to make him aware of it as I would hate to see him lose a motor when he could just throw a boost a pump on there and it should have no issues then.

:beer: how hard are the bap's to install?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

leegro1015

Established Member
Boost-a-pump is easy to install. Just soldering some wires for the basic setup. You are making some decent power. You need to data log to see if you are pegging (maxing out) your maf. It sounds like you are running the stock tune. You need to have a dyno tune. Do you have a data logger like sct x3. If not I would recommend contacting amazon tuning (they are a vendor here and pick up there wideband kit with the x3 and tune. I know they have changed a few things around so I am not quite sure on the pricing.

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
We have a lot of guys driving down from WV to get dyno tuned here since we moved to NC.

You have 2 options avaliable to you. We can work with you remotely via email or do a dyno tune.

I can have Rick call you if you want to PM your #.

Users who are viewing this thread