Finally got Cobra tuned!!

04DeadShort

SVT Addict
Established Member
Finally got my Cobra tuned at Injected Engineering yesterday. Put down 435 hp and 355 tq in 90 degree heat. Stock motor with a S-trim. Has a 3.12 pulley making 10lbs going through a air to air IC. I'm pretty happy with it and its a safe tune till I can get the guts beefed up. Thing pulls like crazy up top.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1f42a-ZJP8"]YouTube- 98 Cobra Mustang Vortech Dyno pull 1[/nomedia]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uansLRVG-w"]YouTube- 98 Cobra Vortech Dyno Pull 2[/nomedia]

Last edited:

04DeadShort

SVT Addict
Established Member
man its fun for a while but that non existant bottom end torque sucks...
I know what you mean. But even that tq gets old too. My truck has tons of tq, and I get tired of it like I do the cobra. lol
congrats! got any pics of the final setup?
I do, but I need to clean it up and get some better ones. It looks a lot like yours though. I want to thank you again for your help

harvboi05

Established Member
I know what you mean. But even that tq gets old too. My truck has tons of tq, and I get tired of it like I do the cobra. lol

I do, but I need to clean it up and get some better ones. It looks a lot like yours though. I want to thank you again for your help

no problem!

i wanna see how your power pipe and cold side charge pipe looks. you ended up with a 4" IC didnt you?

04DeadShort

SVT Addict
Established Member
Nah I stuck with a 3" for the time being. I will get some pics up soon. I wound up just cutting my powerpipe to make it work

04DeadShort

SVT Addict
Established Member
no problem!

i wanna see how your power pipe and cold side charge pipe looks. you ended up with a 4" IC didnt you?

Here is the pic you asked for Harv, finally got around to uploading some. Still need to clean up the wiring and engine bay a little.

dscn1095p.jpg

Last edited:

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
wowowowwo siiick that awesome..strong numbers, thanks for the link to the gauge pod btw..i like it alot and ill prob get it if i ever ditch my beloved double din setup

saiga7

Finally got my Cobra tuned at Injected Engineering yesterday. Put down 435 hp and 355 tq in 90 degree heat. Stock motor with a S-trim. Has a 3.12 pulley making 10lbs going through a air to air IC. I'm pretty happy with it and its a safe tune till I can get the guts beefed up. Thing pulls like crazy up top.

Hey, how much did the full tune cost and what tuner did they use? I need to get mine re-tuned.

And what blowoff valve and intercooler are you using? Do you have pictures of where you mounted the BOV and more details of the IC pipings? Thanks.

04DeadShort

SVT Addict
Established Member
I got this IC off of Ebay. Its came from the same company but its cheaper on Ebay.

cxracing.com: Front Mount Intercooler 31"x12"x3", 3" Core: 24"x12"x3", 3" Inlet & Outlet, Many Applications

I also bought a 3" piping kit with all different types of bends/couplings and just went from there.

There is a pretty good write up with pics here.

[ame=http://forums.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1231563]Where to find a good FMIC setup for 96-98 cobra? cxracing? - Corral.net : Ford Mustang Forums[/ame]

Also I used this BOV kit but used a Vortech mini-race instead of the valve that came with it. I really just wanted the flange setup. I mounted it just after the charger before it goes into the turn to the IC.

cxracing.com: Blow Off Valve and 3" BOV PIPE Adapter Welded, Matching Silicon Hoses and Clamps

04DeadShort

SVT Addict
Established Member
Hey, how much did the full tune cost and what tuner did they use? I need to get mine re-tuned.

And what blowoff valve and intercooler are you using? Do you have pictures of where you mounted the BOV and more details of the IC pipings? Thanks.

I got it tuned here.

Injected Engineering: Welcome to Injected Engineering

I think for a supercharged car its around 600 bucks. They tuned the Cobra and my wifes car. I'm gonna have them tune my Lightning when I get done with it too. I'm very satisfied with their service.

ratfinkron

Established Member
Aric uses SCT software and is probably one of the best tuners there is! Looks like it would be a long drive for ya saiga7 lol but maybe worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread