Finally got around to taking a few pictures

tommygun

Established Member
why not just rotate the tires to have the skinny tires up front? I would think that would be a obvious "to do" thing.

s|ck

Established Member
Sounds like a v8 to me :shrug:

Either way, Both bumpers have got to go.

[ame=http://s282.photobucket.com/albums/kk276/99p71interceptor/2002%20Mustang%20GT/?action=view&current=026.flv]2002 Mustang GT :: 026.flv video by 99p71interceptor - Photobucket[/ame]

BigSweezey

<insert witty title here>
Established Member
Not exactly my style, but I'd just as well have those rims than the stock 02 gt rims.
I'd be checking junk yards for a bumper. Hell I wouldn't be seriously worried about it, unless it just bothers you that much. It's not that big of an upgrade, since 9/10 of people aren't even gonna notice.

WTF, am I missing something or could you just not swap the rims from the front to the back and put the wider tires in back and pics of the 2V or its a V6 and you Fail at Life, lol

Yes, you obviously missed the reading part.
"the fronts are 255/40/17's and the rears are 235/55/17."
So even being a skinner tire the rears are still taller.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
I wouldn't be too terribly worried about the bumpers as they are technically the same just without fogs or the cut-outs.

However what worries me about the car is that it may not be as it seems. We all take pride in our vehicles, and we all pay for them and want to know that we didn't get ripped off.

Based on that car having the v6 bumpers front and rear there's a large possibility that the car either a)started life as a v6 and had a transplant or b)was involved in wreck that required replacement panels which were improperly sourced.

In either case the car would NOT be worth likely what you would have paid for a GT. Especially if it started life as a sixer. Then you've got things like the wrong rear-end, lesser brakes, etc.

If I was in your shoes I'd grab the vin off that car, take it to a dealer and make sure that car is what it's supposed to be. If it is, I'd then be looking into the car's history because it absolutely shouldn't have that rear bumper on it and it should also have the front fog lights.

stangposse

Established Member
Your car is taking some heavy criticism here. To me, it comes down to what you paid for the car. If you paid no more than $4,000 for the car and the engine runs smooth and the interior is clean then I guess you are ok. The color is nice and seems to be in good shape.

Get rid of that front plate!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BrianP

Established Member
thats exactly what i payed for it. 4k. Money doesnt grow on trees. And i did have an oasis report done and it definatly comes back as a GT. if it was in an accident, oh well. It is teh GT bumper on the front, im just betting the fogs were either stolen, or just taken out. the wires are all there, i just need to get fogs.

The tires and wheels, well i had gotten them for my crown vic, but a recent spark plug ejection and horrible repair by a shop left me no choice to get the Mustang on the road much sooner then i really wanted. The bullitts have tires on them, but are COMPLETLY shot and dry rotted.

The interior is clean, black leather with no rips or stains or anything.

the car runs mint, no CEL's no lights on for anything whatsoever. Guys, keep in mind i just bought the car at the end of january so i've only had it for 6-7 weeks at most. Money doesnt grow on trees, especially being a college kid.

There are changes coming, like an 01 cobra front bumper, GT rear bumper gonna have the one dent taken out on the rear quarter, and then hopefully next year get it repainted. Its going to be lowered, and just basically cleaned up. It's not perfect, i know, but it's a good start and i feel that i got a really good deal on a start for me to finally have my nice "toy"

This car is in its beginning stages of a new life. Trust me, changes are definatly on its way.

twista

Band'edid
Established Member
Wow someone stupid took a v8 and turned it in a v6.... i guess the previous owner wanted a slow sleeper lol.

But you know whats good. Once you get the $$$ and fix it up. The before and after pictures will be god sent. Just sucks you have to spend extra money to make the car look like it shouldve in the 1st place. Stock for stock.. 00-04+ GT look pretty good

good luck and nice deal on the car

BrianP

Established Member
Arizona Beige Bullits are ON

well, i finally got some money put aside for tires on my bullitts. I would have had them on sooner, but i had to redo my front brakes with rotors, pads and calipers on both sides. But they are finally on! im loving the look now.

001-1.jpg

002-1.jpg

MUCH better imo. I should have some more/better pics this weekend.

Up next, 01 cobra front bumper, cowl hood, and gt rear bumper and paint.

Users who are viewing this thread