Finally getting it pullied and ported

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
Finally getting it pullied and ported - UPDATED!

Original owner since 03. I've done subframe connectors, shifter, catback, and K&N air intake. The catback was last year and now I'm finally going to Steigemeier's this week for a stage IV and a 2.93 pulley. The idea is to keep it stock looking and very streetable. If I need more I'll go back for a 2lb lower someday. Looking forward to the weekend!

Iron Terp, If you're out there I hope you're smiling, I know I've asked you about your experience with the ported / pullied set up.

Last edited:

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
Wow, suprised you held off so long!

You will be amazed at how much power you will gain.

Get ready and good luck!

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
I will post numbers - Steig is going to dyno before and after the work. I am going with a stage IV combo (port throttlebody, plenum, and blower). The 2.93 should give me plenty without having to upgrade cooling or fuel for now.

Can't Wait! Terp thanks for beer salute, this was on the to do list but kids and countertops, dryers, and a new furnace preceeded it. This is my way of saying no to a new car and to improving the one I love.

Thanks for the good wishes. Let's hope all goes well.

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
FINALLY!......just playing...congrats!

No, I agree with you! I've been measured in what I've wanted to do to keep the car stock looking but to add to the performance. I know that this is a huge step up and I'm looking forward to it.

I believe it is best to spend roughly 2 grand vs. 50 grand for a new GT500. This also keeps me ahead of the Jones'es in their new Camaro's etc.

I really appreciate the support and knowledge this board provides. Makes these decisions much easier. The drive home from STL should be fun.

SLEEPERSTATUS

Banned
No, I agree with you! I've been measured in what I've wanted to do to keep the car stock looking but to add to the performance. I know that this is a huge step up and I'm looking forward to it.

I believe it is best to spend roughly 2 grand vs. 50 grand for a new GT500. This also keeps me ahead of the Jones'es in their new Camaro's etc.

I really appreciate the support and knowledge this board provides. Makes these decisions much easier. The drive home from STL should be fun.

you will definatey have fun on the way home....when i pullied my car it was a night and day difference:thumbsup:

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
Have had my car 2 years and I'll be in the same boat soon enough, just had to get the little things out of the way. Plus stock power is plenty......for a while :).

Good luck with it

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member

You were ahead of the new Camaro SS's before you go and pulley it. I have only exhaust, and i smoked a new SS, they dont pull too hard... still very nice tho, not hatin! Your pulley'd Cobra will be a beast compared to the stock feel

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
Geez, thats been a long time comin!

Sambandit you do exist! Great to hear from you. Did you sell your Cobra and pick up a vette? What happened to your buddy with the Sonic blue Cobra with the Saleen Wing. I should be out in Denver area next summer. My have to look you two up.

Qwk GT

Established Member
congrats... Its been a little over a year and I'm still stock..... Thought it would have a pulley or ported blower by now... Just short on $$$$ right now.

So, Steig is going to install it and dyno/tune it?

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
OH3Cobra, We look forward to meeting you Thursday.

AS DO I! I'll be up bright and early tomorrow to make our scheduled time!

Stiegemeier :burnout:
StiegeSplash
636-949-2275

congrats... Its been a little over a year and I'm still stock..... Thought it would have a pulley or ported blower by now... Just short on $$$$ right now.

So, Steig is going to install it and dyno/tune it?

Yes, Steig is doing the removal/port/reinstall. They have a tuner that comes to their shop. I visited them a year ago when I started to get serious about this. This is my anniversary present. They've been great corresponding with me and I look forward to my quick drive home from STL. :dancenana:

Users who are viewing this thread