Finally !! Found reasonable insurance

99BlackCobra

Established Member
So ive been with Allstate for the past 15 years and have had 4 Cobras with therm in the past with no real issues. I have no accidents or tickets as well. When I added my 2014 Infinti Q50s last year I saw a significant jump from my 08 G37s, didnt really let it bother me but when I added the Cobra it jumped to $409 per month for both cars!!! The cobra being a secondary Vehicle was just as much as my brand new Infiniti... I gave Allstate a shot to fix it, but they didnt do much to keep my business..AAA was $280...Farmers$230 not bad but Hagerty was $698 for the entire year for the Cobra. Moving the Infiniti to Progressive For $80 a month.. Just crazy how I went from $409 to $138 a month for the same Coverage.. Hagerty also lets you itemize your mods to insure everything on the car...motor,wheels, etc...

Hope this helps those having the same Issue..

Damian

http://www.hagerty.com

sonicblue04gt

Established Member
I went through Geico. I used to have Farmers but they wanted $270/month for my 04 Cobra (full coverage, $500 dec) and my 2000 Saturn LS (liability, dd).
Got the same coverage through Geico for $133/month.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I've had Grundy for a few years now. Agreed value at 29k, 0 deductible, and about 37 bucks a month.

itzl0l

Angry Bald Man
Established Member
has anyone ever actually had to use the insurance? How was the experience? I have USAA ...i pay 220/mo for the Cobra and my 2002 infiniti i35. Full Coverage.

I LOVE usaa ....ive had to make a few claims in the past and they were incredible to work with. How do the collectors insurance companies compare?

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
i use liberty mutual, they have been great to us so far. 3 cars fully covered for $189 mth.
USAA was raping us, $130 alone for Cobra.

weaselp1

Established Member
has anyone ever actually had to use the insurance? How was the experience? I have USAA ...i pay 220/mo for the Cobra and my 2002 infiniti i35. Full Coverage.

I LOVE usaa ....ive had to make a few claims in the past and they were incredible to work with. How do the collectors insurance companies compare?

I had a friend who used grundy one time on a older corvette - they were fair with him and everything was taken care of - that is the beauty of an agreed value policy - if the damage is X% and a total loss (X% based upon what your state laws are set by the state insurance commission), they pay the value you have agreed upon. In my friends case, he had a minor fender bender and was able to choose his shop where he wanted to get it fixed and grundy paid for hit minus the deductible.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
I have American Collectors

I did have to use them after my car was struck by a stray bullet while parked at a show ( not joking )

They were pleasant to work with and actually knew a little about my car. Ended up pulling the claim because the cost came in under my deductible.

weaselp1

Established Member
I have American Collectors

I did have to use them after my car was struck by a stray bullet while parked at a show ( not joking )

They were pleasant to work with and actually knew a little about my car. Ended up pulling the claim because the cost came in under my deductible.

Holy crap! Where was that car show?

Kyle_KleinSS

Established Member
I was gonna post about this. I want to get a collectors insurance like you all have. Do any of these have stipulations on how much you can drive? I do around 3k miles a year and want to be able to take mine to work anytime I want or just out for a ride. Not just for shows.

I did a quote on hagertys website and they say 2500 a year for me. what

Last edited:

Eatonualive281

Established Member
I'm going with either Hagerty or Grundy. Not sure yet. Those of you with one or the other, what are the prerequisites for insurance of the vehicle and what are your milage restrictions?

Users who are viewing this thread