Finally finished painting! (56K...make popcorn)

Mport_KLR

just a gt;)
Established Member
My bike is an 06' Harley-Davidson V-Rod which I picked up new two years ago. I loved the color but HATED the baby blue pinstripe it came with so I decided to just redo the whole thing. I painted everything in house of kolor "cobalt blue candy" with "orion silver" tribal flames. I also painted my helmet to match. Im only 21 and by NO means a professional. This is only the second bike ive flamed so let me know what you guys think.:-D

BEFORE:

Myvrod1.jpg

AFTER:

bike1.jpg

bike2.jpg

bike3.jpg

bike4.jpg

bike5.jpg

bike6.jpg

Couple pics of the process:

paint6.jpg

paint7.jpg

paint1.jpg

Helmet Before:

paint12.jpg

Helmet After:

paint14.jpg

Dad's bike: (first bike I flamed)

bike7.jpg

bike8.jpg

bike11.jpg

bike10.jpg

Last edited:

UtahSVT

Established Member
Those V-rods are pretty sweet... I just don't really care for the disc wheels.

Mport_KLR

just a gt;)
Established Member
hey thanks for the compliments guys:beer:

I love VRods.. how much did it set you back, if I may?
if i remember right it stickered for around $17,800 and i got it OTD for $14,500:coolman:

Mport_KLR

just a gt;)
Established Member
Those V-rods are pretty sweet... I just don't really care for the disc wheels.

I didnt at first either but theyve really grown on me. I just need to polish them whenever I find some time. Oh and wind wobble at highway speed is HORRIBLE with them:uh oh:

CEE1NG_RED

Established Member
Nice...so did you precut the tape into flames and just made a collage style move before painting it? Any how to's? I'd like to do something like that to my helmet.

Mport_KLR

just a gt;)
Established Member
Nice...so did you precut the tape into flames and just made a collage style move before painting it? Any how to's? I'd like to do something like that to my helmet.

Nope, I laid out the flames by hand. The hardest part is not getting "lost" as you go. Try to get a mental pic of how you want them laid out and just keep going with it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Awesome paint job. Heck, the original paint was fine as it was. Now it has a bit more character. :)

Mport_KLR

just a gt;)
Established Member

97on22s

Established Member
good work...looks like you did a good job..but they really need some airbrushng to add depth to the flames. as well as some sort of pin striping to finish it off. im sure a local guy would do that for you for little to nothing as you dd the hard part

Mport_KLR

just a gt;)
Established Member
good work...looks like you did a good job..but they really need some airbrushng to add depth to the flames. as well as some sort of pin striping to finish it off. im sure a local guy would do that for you for little to nothing as you dd the hard part

you know ive actually been thinking about getting someone to pin stripe it for me...and i wouldve added some airbrushing to it but im still learning how to use it and didnt want to ruin it:( Whatever I decide to do next(most likely the mustang) I will definitely be encorporating a little airbrushing into it.

the second set are def better than the first.good job on both and the bike looks great

thanks!

00SVTlightning

F8LSTRKE
Established Member
You should lay down some pin striping to break the colors between the flame and main color. (outline the flames)

Users who are viewing this thread