Finally Dynoed 2013

ktulu1984

Established Member
Yesterday I did a stock baseline pull and then installed a JLT CAI, FRPP Super Cobra Jet Oval TB, JBA ORX, and Lund tune. Stock numbers were 617hp/598tq and the modded pull was 715hp/675tq. They are SAE numbers with 5% load on the Eddie Brake. You can see SAE in top corner of second picture.
DynoGT500.jpg
SAE.jpg
Here is a video of the dyno.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJSVVX-ARHI

Last edited:

Blackdevil77

Established Member
Nice numbers! No pulleys? I keep reading different things about X pipe vs H pipe. Some saying the X pipe makes more power than the H pipe and others saying gains are the same, only difference is the sound.

It's saying you have the video set to private.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Awesome numbers man, how's the driveability with that super cobra jet oval T/B.

ktulu1984

Established Member
So far the drivability is fine, also, I just changed the setting of the video, didn't realize it was private. No pulley at this time.

Turbo98GT

Mod Motor Mustangs
Established Member
Its a Lund tune, his tunes have the best drivability on the monoblades.

I prefer my H pipe. Very traditional V8 deep sound. The X pipes sound very raspy and cheap sounding. It may or may not lose 5hp. You won't feel that 5hp either way.

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
That is a stout number for a non pullied car.

The mono TB helped make up some ground hp wise for lack of pulley . Seeing those #'s makes me want to swap my twin 65 for the mono, it was just such a nightmare getting the mono tuned right on my last car.

Last edited:

ryan319

Established Member
Nice numbers! No pulleys? I keep reading different things about X pipe vs H pipe. Some saying the X pipe makes more power than the H pipe and others saying gains are the same, only difference is the sound.

I think x-pipes typically make a few more horsepower but the difference is minimal. As others have mentioned they have more of a raspy sound compared to a deeper throatier sound of an h-pipe.

ktulu1984

Established Member
No, the baseline was 100% that I know of. I bought the car used and there was nothing added that I was able to find. The second pull was with the tune and parts.

ktulu1984

Established Member
Might be, but I am about as far south in Louisiana you can get. It was a little cool though, low 50s and 41% humidity. I thought that the SAE corrected for all of that. Anyway, the numbers do seem a little inflated, but I am really looking at the gains that are achieved with so little work. 98RWHP and 77ft lbs tq are very good for what I was expecting. Now once the weather gets better down here and dries up, I am really looking forward to opening her up. I was only able to do a little bit of a pull from 1-3rd, and this car is the first one to EVER scare me. It got my blood flowing and had me smiling ear to ear, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread