Finally converted to 6R80 and got to the track.

2014Mustang5oh

Fast is never fast enough
Established Member
Well my previous best was 6.46 at 109.2 with a MT82 14lbs and a 150 shot. New personal best after 6R80. Went 6.30 at 109.5....BLOWER ONLY. Amazing how much faster I am and I didnt even use nitrous. Nitrous slip coming soon...

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
Congrats! :beer:

I 2nd what 466roller said! Auto & boost is the only way to go!
What converter did you go with? What gear? How was the 60' & 330'?

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
Most people seem weary about the swap but it's not hard. The F150 6R80 will open the doors for many now :beer:

2014Mustang5oh

Established Member
The track Im at is VERY high elevation. I don't MPH good here but Im headed to a 1/4 mile track this weekend if it doesnt rain out. I'll post results

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
Thought there were big differences between the 6R80 truck and mustang transmission?

Small stuff on the case, besides that pretty close.

Three differences and ONLY THREE. I see people posting shit saying "the case is shorter" and "it takes a different driveshaft" blazer is right, only minor differences

The linkage bracket has to be made(takes 30 minutes with paint), the shift lever (10 dollar part from ford and easy swap (30 seconds max lol) and the shift solenoid strategy which is when the trans is programmed at ford. Need to use a mustang strategy.

I'll answer your PM big Q when I can get to my computer. I'll answer any questions you got brother

Also if a bracket is needed I've made a few for guys already. No problem to make a few more :beer:

Last edited:

4VFTW

Established Member
The track Im at is VERY high elevation. I don't MPH good here but Im headed to a 1/4 mile track this weekend if it doesnt rain out. I'll post results

Also, tuner isnt locking the converter

looking forward to the results of the unlocked converter. I asked my tuner to leave mine unlocked a few times because my car runs far better with the converter locking late in 4th gear than it does when it locks in 3rd. Problem I was having was that the converter would not lock at the same time consistantly and the car would run way off...like down 4mph. He insisted that testing unlocked on other cars showed the cars slowing down though.

2014Mustang5oh

Established Member
looking forward to the results of the unlocked converter. I asked my tuner to leave mine unlocked a few times because my car runs far better with the converter locking late in 4th gear than it does when it locks in 3rd. Problem I was having was that the converter would not lock at the same time consistantly and the car would run way off...like down 4mph. He insisted that testing unlocked on other cars showed the cars slowing down though.

Also heard about this. Im just trying to get dialed in on blower only then Im going to dial it on a 100 shot, then the 150 shot

Users who are viewing this thread