finally back in a mustang.

cheesegt

584 SS
Established Member
i haven't owned a mustang since my high school days which back then i had a bolt on 2v. and then i got into fbodies and never really paid any attention to mustangs since then, and now i just picked up this sn95 with something a little more to my liking, 5.3 / 4l80e swapped mustang, it was for sale on here awhile back and found out it was for sale again and had to go scoop it up, the guy who purchased it basically kept it in a storage lot drove it every now and then and decided it wasn't to his liking, too bad just what i wanted :D

the paint on the front and rear bumpers are in rough shape going to get them repainted soon. the car is extremely quick for a mustang, and really fun to drive, cant wait till i start tearing into the engine and adding some juice to it

lsx20mustang20004_zpsibgayejw.jpg

lsx20mustang20009_zps1nhlvqzu.jpg

lsx20mustang20005_zpss7fnpxyh.jpg

ea31d394-c9d7-4e29-a8c4-e3987963b9e1_zpsghvnkfev.jpg

lsx%20mustang%20008_zpsxvflw2sz.jpg

Last edited:

Kiohtee

Established Member
Not that that combo wouldn't be an improvement over a stock GT/Cobra of that year, but at least it was done to a V6. V6 insurance with Cobra+ power!

Nice car OP, I really like it!

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
This is going to become more and more poular.. Lots of cheap ls motors laying around, and always decent bang for buck vs paying $7000+ for a mod rebuild

cheesegt

584 SS
Established Member
Turbo that bitch...pronto!

plans for the car as of right now is. some ported heads, adding a pretty mild cam, fixing the exhaust on it is a must of a right now previous owner did a hack job on it, and throwing some spray on it,

well see how this iron block 5.3 holds up, but i have my eyes set at a lq9

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Turbo that bitch...pronto!

^^ this.

I had a 5.3 in a square body c10 that was very MEH. Not impressed at all. Had a hot cam in it too.

The beautiful part abut the lm7 is that is low compression, iron block, 6 bolt mains.

TTTTUUUUURRRRBBBBBOOOOOOO!!!

Although a cam swap is dead simple on an LS motor I wouldn't waste the time. On3 makes a turbo kit and its under 2 grand if I remember right...

Last edited:

ScreamMachine03

Established Member
Don't do nitrous on that crap yes it would handle it, but back and forth to the nitrous refill station you'll go. Pain in the A**. Oh then you'll always be the guy "I didn't have time to go get the bottle refilled maybe next time guy". Get a ebay turbo and be done. Get on YouTube and look at 5.3 turbo even on stock cams roll out, heck be silent but deadly.

Users who are viewing this thread