Finally Back in a Fast Car

streetassasin

Welcome to Gaptown, TX
Established Member
Traded my gmc in on the 09 z06, I was trying to decide between a 13-14 gt500 and this and ended up going with the Z

Plans are heads/cam/n2o in a few weeks, This is the only pic I have for now but Ill add some more tomorrow

IMAG0332_zpsdiijxpeb.jpg

DSGCOBRA24

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Beautiful man!! Im selling my cobra tomorrow and will be picking up a c6 z06 too. My plans are heads/cam/nitrous also

matt87

Established Member
i gotta move to texas, seems the only place in this country where the money is.

wantedGT500

Established Member
Make sure the exhaust valve guides are good. Lot of movement on those early C6's causing complete engine failure. IMO, getting the exhaust valves reworked would be the first thing to do before an mods so you know you are safe! :)

19935.slow

Established Member
Make sure the exhaust valve guides are good. Lot of movement on those early C6's causing complete engine failure. IMO, getting the exhaust valves reworked would be the first thing to do before an mods so you know you are safe! :)
Heads will fix that lol.

Brandon619

Established Member
Traded my gmc in on the 09 z06, I was trying to decide between a 13-14 gt500 and this and ended up going with the Z

Plans are heads/cam/n2o in a few weeks, This is the only pic I have for now but Ill add some more tomorrow

IMAG0332_zpsdiijxpeb.jpg

Very nice choice, which head and cam combo are you going to choose? I'm looking to buy a Z06 at the end of this year.

streetassasin

Welcome to Gaptown, TX
Established Member
Very nice choice, which head and cam combo are you going to choose? I'm looking to buy a Z06 at the end of this year.

mast 305s and a vengeance sumbich with tsp long tubes and a fast 102 set up. Goal 600rwhp on motor then add a 100-150 shot on top of it.

Zemedici

Established Member
Make sure the exhaust valve guides are good. Lot of movement on those early C6's causing complete engine failure. IMO, getting the exhaust valves reworked would be th efore an mods so you know you are safe! :)

That issue was fixed in 08 iirc
mast 305s and a vengeance sumbich with tsp long tubes and a fast 102 set up. Goal 600rwhp on motor then add a 100-150 shot on top of it.

My brothers got TSP LTs in the garage right now for his Z, waiting to go on. he's ordering a MS3 this week, gonna have vengeance dyno tune it. TSP is a great shop to deal with. Super nice guys and very knowledgeable

Brandon619

Established Member

Good choice on the Mast heads, are you going to kill them to bump compression? Are you a member of the Corvette forum?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice choice. Nice color. Congratulations. Give us a follow-up once the mods (including nitrous0 are finished.

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
That issue was fixed in 08 iirc

All year C6Zs have shown premature valve guide wear and many have dropped an exhaust valve as a result. We don't see as many from the later year models since production was so low from 2009-2013 (more Z06s were built in '06 than in '09-'13 combined).

Nice pickup OP, I can't wait to get another C6Z! You're right on the mark with the planned mods, Mast heads are pretty badass.

Users who are viewing this thread