Finally, a V6 Ferrari I can wrap my head around

blk02edge

Established Member
I bet 1:13-1:15 at Laguna. Will depend on what tires they let us run...
I saw GTP lap times hitting the 1:13's pre repave. This car is the same with no weight/power restrictions should get it to 11's or 12's I'd think

ajaf1656

Established Member
I bet 1:13-1:15 at Laguna. Will depend on what tires they let us run...
That's still insane. MotoGP lap record was something like 1:20, but they weren't running the modern aero on the bikes when they stopped racing there. I wonder what they could do if they could keep the wheels on the ground.
Marc-Marquez-Laguna-Seca-Turn-1.jpeg

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I saw GTP lap times hitting the 1:13's pre repave. This car is the same with no weight/power restrictions should get it to 11's or 12's I'd think
On Michelin Confidential qualifying tires? Absolutely. On Pirelli DH slicks? Several seconds/lap slower.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
@treynor - What’s the best you’ve done in your MK II at LS? Only info I can find is you going 1.27’s without any prep and curious if you’ve since dialed it in and gone faster?

blk02edge

Established Member
On Michelin Confidential qualifying tires? Absolutely. On Pirelli DH slicks? Several seconds/lap slower.
Doesn't seem like those are a DH though. Quicker warm up time implies a softer compound to me

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
@treynor - What’s the best you’ve done in your MK II at LS? Only info I can find is you going 1.27’s without any prep and curious if you’ve since dialed it in and gone faster?

I haven't gone back to LS with that car to run in anger since. We've increased front downforce and dialed in the front suspension, it wouldn't surprise me if it's running into the :25s now with the changes + repave.

Doesn't seem like those are a DH though. Quicker warm up time implies a softer compound to me

I doubt they've settled on a tire just yet. I do hope it's something close to the Michelin race tires, but if not, I know where to get some...

blk02edge

Established Member
Haha right on, screw a DH if you can get the correct Michelins. I just read that it's a special compound for the 499 so I'd imagine since it's a rules off play toy they aren't going to slap basic hards on it.

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Haha right on, screw a DH if you can get the correct Michelins. I just read that it's a special compound for the 499 so I'd imagine since it's a rules off play toy they aren't going to slap basic hards on it.
TBH I think they're trying to keep the gentlemen driver clients alive. An LMP car, even with ABS and some traction control, is no joke, and making the tires a bit more forgiving of temperature range is one way to reduce the drama level.

But screw that. I want to go fast.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
So is this equivalent or even faster with the horsepower than an LMP or the hypercar class? Is it supposed to be a hypercar class for the customers?

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
So is this equivalent or even faster with the horsepower than an LMP or the hypercar class? Is it supposed to be a hypercar class for the customers?
This should be faster than any of the LMP classes that currently race, including the hypercar group. It will be interesting to see how this stacks up against the Aston Martin Valkyrie AMR pro, which has slightly more horsepower but it's rear wheel drive and less developed...

Users who are viewing this thread