Final Destination in real life.

Kiohtee

Established Member
It is kind of funny listening to a bunch of people who daily beat on the most infamously "dangerous" car to drive talk about how dangerous these rides are. Like I get it. There are dangers with these rides. Certainly there are. Probably moreso on the fair level. Every once in a rare blue moon you hear of something bad happening. Perhaps not as bad as this example. But you likely have a far greater chance of getting killed while driving your cars than you do riding those rides. And perhaps not even because you drive your car more than you ride those rides. But because there are more variables to consider when driving our cars. Especially if you drive them with any sort of spirit.

I mean let's be fair and put things into a realistic perspective.

You push these sorts of cars, because we all love them, but why then be so petrified and negative about these rides? It just sounds so reactive and political. It's the type of reaction of a single isolated event that feeds the exaggerated fears of just about everything in this world these days.

While I feel like you're putting way too much thought into this, you're not wrong and I agree 100%.

While your post is true you're missing one very important point, control. When you strap into a carnival ride you have none.

U.M.

While this is also true, it also isn't. Have you ever rode shotgun during a spirited drive? Have you ever encountered a drunk and/or distracted driver? You also have the same amount of control in those situations as well.

I mean look, I'd be skeptical getting on any fair ride ever, because there's something to be said about rides that are broken down within hours and transported across the country. And it's true this particular incident will reside with me for awhile to come, because human nature, but it probably wouldn't stop me from enjoying a fair and its rides altogether.

Users who are viewing this thread