Filled supercharger resevoir and turned off.

Alexlopez

Established Member
So I bought a terminator yesterday from a lot in LA.
Car ran fine, drove it home, 1.5hr drive.
And just drove it nice and easy for the most part..

This morning I noticed the intercooler reservoir was empty so I filled her up, then when the pump sucked it up, it started mixing in with the fuel in the combustion chamber, ran like shit for a little then stalled.
I'm assuming the lower intake is leaking the coolant somewhere but I wanted to know if this has happened to anyone or if it's a common problem.
Any tech would help.

Thanx

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
So I bought a terminator yesterday from a lot in LA.
Car ran fine, drove it home, 1.5hr drive.
And just drove it nice and easy for the most part..

This morning I noticed the intercooler reservoir was empty so I filled her up, then when the pump sucked it up, it started mixing in with the fuel in the combustion chamber, ran like shit for a little then stalled.
I'm assuming the lower intake is leaking the coolant somewhere but I wanted to know if this has happened to anyone or if it's a common problem.
Any tech would help.

Thanx

Cracked or corroded Intercooler leaking into the intake manifold.
Do not run the engine any more or risk hydro locking the engine and bending a rod.

Pull the blower verify the cause of the coolant leak and repair/replace the appropriate parts as needed.

Alexlopez

Established Member
Cracked or corroded Intercooler leaking into the intake manifold.
Do not run the engine any more or risk hydro locking the engine and bending a rod.

Pull the blower verify the cause of the coolant leak and repair/replace the appropriate parts as needed.

The intercooler itself or should I check the lower mani?

evolve

Established Member
Pull the blower (writeup here somewhere) and look at your intercooler. This could be the issue.

Rich'sTRsvt

Established Member
If the intercooler is bad, don't reuse the bolts that hold it to the bottom of the supercharger, get new ones.

hotcobra03

Established Member
Was indeed a rusted Intercooler.

They are fixable..put 4 new orings in..ive reused those tiny bolts many times..I use other than locktite..finger nail polish..it holds like super glue but you can still get them out..

I was hoping it was just orings the intercooler isnt cheap and used is a crap shoot..

Fwiw I have driven mine many hard miles without electric pump working..I see nothing wrong with doing so other than maybe a lose of power from timing changes from higher temp in intake..colder air is more power but drivin normal you never feel it

Alexlopez

Established Member
They are fixable..put 4 new orings in..ive reused those tiny bolts many times..I use other than locktite..finger nail polish..it holds like super glue but you can still get them out..

I was hoping it was just orings the intercooler isnt cheap and used is a crap shoot..

Fwiw I have driven mine many hard miles without electric pump working..I see nothing wrong with doing so other than maybe a lose of power from timing changes from higher temp in intake..colder air is more power but drivin normal you never feel it

Yea that's what my buddy manny at MHP was telling me.
He said hes gonna try and weld it, depending on how bad it is tho.

I actually just got the car from a lot on Monday and the owner of the lot was a genuinely cool guy, I called him about the problem and just said "if you wanna bring it ill fix it, or find a shop up there and ill handle it"
My experience with this dealership has been great. Makes me not be so bummed about having my termi at the shop on the first day lol

speeddemon2000

Established Member
What happens to these too is people put water in them and don't put anti-freeze in them in the winter and the crack. I am not sure if the car came from a cold weather climate but this could be what happened. You need to be really careful here with that issue. There have been a number of guys who have damage their inter cooler and it resulted significant engine damage because of hydrolock.

Last edited:

SVTFAN09

...its it fast?
Established Member
I had the same problem a few months back turned out to be my intercooler pump and the 4 O-rings

Users who are viewing this thread