Fight fan thread

VegasMichael

Established Member
I've purchased 1 single boxing event. It was back in the day. Victor Ortiz vs Mayweather. I felt robbed & haven't purchased one since. Not only that, bit they usually have a UFC event the same night. But I will watch Tyson vs whats his face coming up.
The last two boxing PPV's I bought were the Tyson Fury/Deontay Wilder III which was a very good fight and before that Pacquiao/Mayweather which was five years late happening and a boring fight the whole way.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Styles make fights.

Fury is going to have some extreme problems with Usyk.

Unless he gets robbed by the judges, Usyk is gonna win by UD.
Frequently true.

Tyson has a hefty height and reach advantage though, as well as more ring experience. It will be interesting to see how he fares against Usyk's southpaw stance.

As of now, Vegas odds have Tyson a slight favorite.

Not that it matters but I just saw the fight will be in Saudi Arabia. Not sure about the time variance with EST.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Frequently true.

Tyson has a hefty height and reach advantage though, as well as more ring experience. It will be interesting to see how he fares against Usyk's southpaw stance.

As of now, Vegas odds have Tyson a slight favorite.

Not that it matters but I just saw the fight will be in Saudi Arabia. Not sure about the time variance with EST.

I could see how Vegas leans towards Fury.

I just don’t think he’s going to be able to lean on Usyk and play the same bullshit games he did with His recent fights.

He’s going to struggle with hitting and staying away from Usyk.

His motor just doesn’t ****ing stop man. He’s relentless.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Many are not familiar with Lethwei. It's a full contact combat sport that allows headbutts and striking. Basically, Muay Thai with head strikes. No gloves either. It's native to Myanmar and not sanctioned in many countries. Don't try it at home, kids.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Yeah they always put on a good show. I think JG will take it
Vegas odds have Justin as a slight favorite. I'm interested in how Jamahal Hill will fare since he had to relinquish the belt after his Achilles rupture. He hasn't fought in over a year.

VegasMichael

Established Member
1712778714108.jpeg

Tezz500

Established Member
True. The UFC is its own organization/league/monopoly and solely dictates fighter pay.

Id be curious to see their contracts…

I assume the UFC would be like the WBC or IBF making you sign a contract that says you can only
Fight under them.

Otherwise, Belator, Pride, Cage and UFC would be just like the Boxing sanctioning bodies.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Id be curious to see their contracts…

I assume the UFC would be like the WBC or IBF making you sign a contract that says you can only
Fight under them.

Otherwise, Belator, Pride, Cage and UFC would be just like the Boxing sanctioning bodies.
Like you said the boxing organizations are just sanctioning bodies. Boxers sign contracts with promoters. Don King, Top Rank, Golden Boy, etc. The promoters strike deals with the sanctioning bodies. That's why there is co-promotion among sanctioning bodies where a WBC champ can fight a WBA champ provided each sanctioning body gives permission. A champ can even hold all four belts. WBC, WBA, WBO, IBF. A sanctioning body can refuse to rank you too. Tyson Fury vacated three of his belts and now the WBA, WBO and IBF don't even have him in their rankings.

The UFC fighters don't sign contracts with promoters they sign contracts with the UFC. The UFC controls everything. A UFC fighter can only fight other UFC fighters. A UFC fighter can't fight a Bellator fighter.

From what I've read over the years some UFC fighters have managers but others don't. Most fighters sign a four or six fight contract which of course can be terminated by the UFC at any time.

Tezz500

Established Member
Like you said the boxing organizations are just sanctioning bodies. Boxers sign contracts with promoters. Don King, Top Rank, Golden Boy, etc. The promoters strike deals with the sanctioning bodies. That's why there is co-promotion among sanctioning bodies where a WBC champ can fight a WBA champ provided each sanctioning body gives permission. A champ can even hold all four belts. WBC, WBA, WBO, IBF. A sanctioning body can refuse to rank you too. Tyson Fury vacated three of his belts and now the WBA, WBO and IBF don't even have him in their rankings.

The UFC fighters don't sign contracts with promoters they sign contracts with the UFC. The UFC controls everything. A UFC fighter can only fight other UFC fighters. A UFC fighter can't fight a Bellator fighter.

From what I've read over the years some UFC fighters have managers but others don't. Most fighters sign a four or six fight contract which of course can be terminated by the UFC at any time.

Exactly. I think that’s good for the sport but bad for the fighters in terms of money… if that makes sense.

Users who are viewing this thread