Fight fan thread

VegasMichael

Established Member
I don't know how many fight fans we have here but I thought I'd start a thread and find out.

I enjoy watching MMA, boxing, kickboxing, muay thai, college wrestling.

Should be a good UFC fight tonight with Henry Cejudo against Sterling. Henry is phenomenal but hasn't fought in three years.

In boxing I wish Errol Spence and Terence Crawford would seal a deal but I doubt it will happen.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
UFC/MMA was better when it was not mainstream.

Boxing has not been good since the early 90’s.

Thai boxing is legit.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Reaper14

Established Member
I follow UFC, just got a little harder when it was sold a few years back & ppv almost doubled in price. Not only that but gotta have ESPN+. But my bro & I take turns buying it & we use his password for the prelims. Tonight's card is going pretty good so far.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I follow UFC, just got a little harder when it was sold a few years back & ppv almost doubled in price. Not only that but gotta have ESPN+. But my bro & I take turns buying it & we use his password for the prelims. Tonight's card is going pretty good so far.
This

Most of the guys I watched fights with moved away. $125/fight is too much. There’s only a few places around here that show em, big fights you have to be there way before it starts to get a seat… don’t care that much

Reaper14

Established Member
This

Most of the guys I watched fights with moved away. $125/fight is too much. There’s only a few places around here that show em, big fights you have to be there way before it starts to get a seat… don’t care that much
Yeah if my brother & I weren't taking turns buying or sharing the bill I'd be out of luck. thestreameast.to works decent from time to time & that's where I'll watch them on weekends my bro is out of town.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah if my brother & I weren't taking turns buying or sharing the bill I'd be out of luck. thestreameast.to works decent from time to time & that's where I'll watch them on weekends my bro is out of town.
I really need to play around more with the whole VPN thing and streaming,

VegasMichael

Established Member
UFC/MMA was better when it was not mainstream.

Boxing has not been good since the early 90’s.

Thai boxing is legit.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
UFC was better when they had three cards a year. Now they have something every week it seems. Boxing was awesome in the 80s. They had good fights and title fights on TV and there were so many great fighters in the 80s. Gotta buy PPV for almost any title fight nowadays.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
UFC was better when they had three cards a year. Now they have something every week it seems. Boxing was awesome in the 80s. They had good fights and title fights on TV and there were so many great fighters in the 80s. Gotta buy PPV for almost any title fight nowadays.

We used to watch every big fight in the 80s and early 90s. All the guys in the family would head to my grandparents, we’d get a couple buckets of wings from a place called The Golden Ale, and watch the fights.

One of Michael Moorer’s body guard was a training partner back when I was kickboxing. I also had a picture with Michael Moorer’s on his boat. Dude was a good guy back then, do t know about now. Being a local guy, we all pulled for him.

Does two women scissoring sound like an armpit farting contest?

VegasMichael

Established Member
Don't believe the news you are hearing about the upcoming superfight between Errol Spence and Terence Crawford.

Although both have agreed to fight it is not yet a done deal.

Jamose

I liked the UFC better when they had fewer events too. Then you'd get a stacked card at the end of the year and the Saturday before the Superbowl. Now it seems like every card is watered down and there's so few fighters that have the talent & marketing behind them to really draw the attention of fans. I like some lesser known guys too, but there are no main cards that rival what they used to do.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm not a huge sports fan but the less mainstream sports are ones I watch like arm wrestling, sumo wrestling, bareknuckle fighting, etc.., Having a UFC fight every month or so ruins the hype and anticipation. Too much of anything is never good. Bring back the early days when it was a real, blood and guts fight.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Even at 57, my $’s on Iron Mike.

IMG_4025.jpeg

Source:

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
id love for Tyson to put him to sleep but no way in hell am I paying a penny to watch this crap.

Users who are viewing this thread