FICO Credit Scores

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm done with the credit cards. Well over 800 score and all debts paid. TBH I get a card and although it's 0% I spend way too much LOL. I want the least amount of bills and the least amount of debt. I'm on a cash system. Don't need the 2 %.
I’m with you. At the risk of sounding like a stereotypical SVTP baller, I couldn’t give 2 shits about “earning” 2% or whatever on my purchases. I buy and own all my stuff in cash and that’s worth more to me than any supposed rewards.

For context, I played the credit game when I was younger. Won some, lost some, ultimately figured out that a game is all it is.

MG0h3

Established Member
I applaud you sir. For a fact, I know many people that blow money on stupid shit with credit cards. In fact they make stupid internet posts about their "rich" lifestyle. I used to be one of those people. I worked very hard, self employed, to have zero debt. The credit cards are a tease, and I would rather not use them. I don't "need" a 1% or 2% bonus, as I collect that with other investments like stock market or housing. It is way too easy to obtain $1000 per MONTH in credit card purchases. Even if you "pay it off every month" MOST people are not responsible enough to do that. Before you know it, you owe $12k in credit cards.

I hear you.

But what’s the difference between swiping a CC and swiping a debit card?

Suppose I could just use my debit card for a month but seriously, I don’t see the difference.

Good job on no debt!

Same situation.

House paid off. No CC debt. No car payment.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
I’m with you. At the risk of sounding like a stereotypical SVTP baller, I couldn’t give 2 shits about “earning” 2% or whatever on my purchases. I buy and own all my stuff in cash and that’s worth more to me than any supposed rewards.

For context, I played the credit game when I was younger. Won some, lost some, ultimately figured out that a game is all it is.

Until I hit Treynor level 2% still means something to me. Money is money as long as it's legal I'm taking it.

nxhappy

Established Member
a game is all it is.
it sure is. a brutal game at that, and most Americans lose. I couldn't even tell you how much Cc money I've paid off over the past 15 years. Probably well over $150k no doubt. Imagine if that money was in the stock market, or real estate. WAY more than 2% gain.

nxhappy

Established Member
But what’s the difference between swiping a CC and swiping a debit card?

as soon as you swipe your Cc, that's increasing your debt . using a debit card is NOT increasing debt . people should avoid debt like the plague but most people don't care, hence why they work 70 years, and still don't have a pot to piss in.
Just my .02

MG0h3

Established Member
as soon as you swipe your Cc, that's increasing your debt . using a debit card is NOT increasing debt . people should avoid debt like the plague but most people don't care, hence why they work 70 years, and still don't have a pot to piss in.
Just my .02

Well in a literal sense, you are right.

Mine are on autopay for the whole balance every month. Makes no difference to me whatsoever.

quad

Established Member
Not me.

Old cell phone took a shit back in January.

Went to Walmart and found the last Iphone7 buried in a case. $99.

Half my shirts came from work for free.

Bought my last two pairs of Levi’s at Academy for like $20.

Wear my work boots almost everywhere.

Think I’ve been to Starbucks once in the last three years. I’ve even convinced my GF to stop going. It’s like $78 a gallon for an iced coffee and half the retards that go there get some stupid flavored water bullshit.

I’ll spend money on some things but the frivolous pissing away of money or having to always buy some worthless shit…nah.

Been getting points and miles for 15yrs now and combined I have close to 1 mil pts and miles.

Not sure what to do with them. I could go to one of those fancy Greek resorts I see on TV like 5 times for free but that’s not very important to me either.

Guess I need to start traveling.

You sound like my father-in-law only he is cheaper than that lol! I hooked him up with an iPhone 11 Pro Max. He's using my HBO Max and Showtime accounts. haha! I don't mind though I love the guy and he's taught me a lot in casual conversations. Dude lived an interesting life. He's smart also.

And he has more than enough money to live comfortably. He could walk into a Tesla dealership and buy two Plaids with all options loaded if he wanted to but he's past the fast car phase. And he'd have enough left to buy a second house since the first one is paid off.

Users who are viewing this thread