Fiat buys ford

Cmonster

Haha alright I lied; bad first impression I apologize but I just needed your attention and opinions. I'm in the market for a new car and I really like the 03-04 cobras. Now I'm a diesel truck owner and would like any advice about the cars; pro's and con's. Any extra maintenance since it's supercharged? Achilles heel? I plan on using this car for along time like adding 100k+ miles (a little exaggerated) but also adding exhaust and eventually tuned but not going for 650hp, maybe one day shoot for high 400's. Now these are gorgeous cars on the out side but internally I don't know much. Are they pricey to maintain? The only thing that scares me is their almost if not out of warranty so is it a very long lasting reliable car if used as a Daily Driver driven relatively easy? What's a life span for the cobra? Also PM me if you'd like but insurance rates? Im a 19yr old driver in TX; clean record yet "a high risk" insurance wise and would like a ball park estimate. Thanks to everyone who stayed and read and also left advice.

xenodragon

Established Member
"shooting" for high 400s...doesnt take much effort :p

and probably takes about $900, intake ($200), exhaust ($400), pulley ($100), tune ($200-$300)

The only problem I have had with my car so far are...things I have done to it, not working correctly...no "stock" issues and I have about 35k miles on the car.

Last edited:

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
Achilles heel?
Only one[ IMHO] it's not a WOT top end car. Minimal piston to wall clearence + tons of heat from the supercharger = boom. You can have it tuned to be safer at high speeds
[ 140+ ] but when go WOT from 1st to 6th and hold it there you are still at risk.
Trust us when we tell you that. [ and knowing a mildly modded Cobra can do north of 170 should be enough]
Don't try it though.

Last edited:

03COBRA-88

Established Member
"shooting" for high 400s...doesnt take much effort :p

and probably takes about $900, intake ($200), exhaust ($400), pulley ($100), tune ($200-$300)

The only problem I have had with my car so far are...things I have done to it, not working correctly...no "stock" issues and I have about 35k miles on the car.

I thought these cars could break into the 400rwhp+ range with just intake exhaust and tune? I'm pretty sure I've seen some members here with no pulley and are over 400rwhp.

This site gets more annoying each day becuase new members are TOO LAZY to use the search feature for the SAME OLD topics that have been covered ad nauseum.

Users who are viewing this thread