Few Pix of my new Toy .. 06 Gixxer 1000

Quik Z06

Established Member
Well as some of you may know, I sold my 05 R1 a while back and almost from the day I sold it I missed it :( Lol, so since then I've been keeping an eye out on craiglist for any potential deals. I've had a few different bikes but never a Suzuki so I wanted to get a GSXR for sure. Well one night I happen to see it on CL, but it was late. I figured I would call the guy in the morning and see if he still had it. I called him up and it went to voicemail (which was full) so I just hung up. A couple minutes later he calls me up, so we start talking about the bike, luckily he still had it. He tells me $4600 with 2 helmets or $4K without. I was like I'll get my own helmet so $4K it is. I told him consider it sold if it's as clean as you say it is. I told him i'd go to the bank and pick up the cash and meet up with him. It was a 2 hr drive one way, but in the end well worth it. It's clean title, never been down and had 10K miles on it. Anyway here are the pix, I just added the M4 exhaust and decals, figured since I was adding them i'd go with a different color than the stock red. Still need to do a couple more things to it here soon :beer:

side1.jpg

side2.jpg

m4done1.jpg

m4done2.jpg

mrdone.jpg

M41.jpg

tail1.jpg

DirtyD916

SVT Based God
Established Member
That is a KILLER deal for an 06 liter bike. Love the M4 bike too! I heard that those are the loudest thing you can get next to just a slashcut. What are your opinions on it?

Quik Z06

Established Member
Lol I love the M4. I've heard people say it's too loud but I personally don't think so. It sounds really deep which I love, and no way I was going to put a bigger/longer exhaust on it.

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
Nice bike, I've always respected the performance of a Gixxer 600/750/1000cc but I'm a Yamaha/Honda guy. I had an R6 but sold it years ago. The R1 is my dream bike, how does your new Suz compare to your old R1.

stangposse

Established Member
Nice bike!!!!! That's a steal!!!! I like it better this way than how it came from the factory!!

be safe!

punchit

Established Member
love it, heres a video of my wasting off a old unusable tire with a m4 on it just so you guys can hear what it sounds like
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aadUe1GDzD4"]YouTube - MVI 2193[/nomedia]

Quik Z06

Established Member
Thanks guys. I love the bike. As far as how it compares to my R1, to be honest it feels faster and it feels like it handles better. The low end on this bike is way better than the R1. Don't get me wrong I loved my old R1 especially the way they look, but this bike feels more comfortable to me as far as cornering etc, just alot smoother. Here's a short vid I made of the M4.

IMG_0798.mp4 video by QuikS2K - Photobucket

Buddy17

Avid SVTP(er)
Established Member
does it have the k5/k6 frame fix?? Those bikes had a problem with the frame cracking/breaking off completely up near the neck of the frame where where the forks mount.

That aside....i have always wanted to trade mine for a k6 1000 despite the frame problems. Been my favorite styled bike since they were new! Awesome deal

Quik Z06

Established Member
Great lookin bike Pete! Im diggin the color combo!

Hey Dave, whats goin on, long time no speak. Your SOM car up and running again?

does it have the k5/k6 frame fix?? Those bikes had a problem with the frame cracking/breaking off completely up near the neck of the frame where where the forks mount.

That aside....i have always wanted to trade mine for a k6 1000 despite the frame problems. Been my favorite styled bike since they were new! Awesome deal

You know don't know if they had it fixed or not. If I remember back in the day it was like less than 1% of the 1K's that had the problem. Lol, figure if it was going to happen it would have already. Lol, but yeah next time im near the dealership i'll drop by for them to check it out. Yeah the 05/06 are supposed to be some of the baddest bikes you can get, and for the price no way I was passing it up :banana:

Users who are viewing this thread