Few pics of my 96 Cobra at the track last weekend

qwikhuh

Established Member
Whats the setup on the car? Its sick

It's pretty basic - AFM cold air, Pro-M 80mm mass air, Steeda timing adjuster, Ford Racing shorty headers, VRS off road X pipe, flowmasters, Yukon duragrip, 4:56s, Superior axles, MM lowers, unknown uppers, B springs, Corbeau FX seat. Wheels are Jegs 15x8 rears with 26x10 drags and 17x4 racestars up front.

Very admirable Bill. Kudos to you.

Thanks Mark, nice to be back in an NA 4V again. It's 1999 all over :)

Dave_6

Established Member
Love it Bill! I've still got the 5.0 issue with the article in it; read it many, many times! Glad to see what you're doing with this car. I used to love reading on the Corral about what you, Andy, Bob Cosby and others were doing with these cars with just bolt-ons. I was going to go the same route with the one in my sig but had to sell it. :(

BTW I'm the one who bought the JLT from you, if you remember.

351inside

Established Member
Stock upper and lower intake?? Thats badass man, I want to pick up another sn95 by the end of next year.

sam92lx

SVTP Rump Ranger
Established Member
I wish I could pull a tire but I'm just not giving up my sportlines.

qwikhuh

Established Member
Love it Bill! I've still got the 5.0 issue with the article in it; read it many, many times! Glad to see what you're doing with this car. I used to love reading on the Corral about what you, Andy, Bob Cosby and others were doing with these cars with just bolt-ons. I was going to go the same route with the one in my sig but had to sell it. :(

BTW I'm the one who bought the JLT from you, if you remember.

Was that the one with the flames off my other car?

Stock upper and lower intake?? Thats badass man, I want to pick up another sn95 by the end of next year.

Bone stock intake with functioniong IMRCs. I was going to do the intake next but the car ran 112 all day long and even went 113 on one pass as it sits. I need to tune the car to fix the hesitation on the shifts and I think with a little more weight reduction and some better suspension I can get into the 11's as it sits without intake mods. My black car in my sig went 12.02@114 but that had 4:88s and a ported short runner. The red car always ran harder than my black car. As much as I like the 17 in skinnies up front I think I need a taller front tire so they may have to go and lightweight drag brakes and 15s will go up front.

Last edited:

Steve@CJPP

I can tell you this car is awesome, I drove this car for a couple of month last year when my Bullitt blew up and now with the rebuilt tranny this car feels brand new.

Bill it's funny with the sweatshirts you had made you can find the wives in a couple of shots, they standout with the bright red lol.

qwikhuh

Established Member
That would be it! :thumbsup:

Yep I remember that. I almost didn't want to sell it. The flames came our really nice on that and I knew whoever bought it was going to paint over them :( So you sold that car?

Dave_6

Established Member
Yep I remember that. I almost didn't want to sell it. The flames came our really nice on that and I knew whoever bought it was going to paint over them :( So you sold that car?

I hated to paint over them too but it just didn't look right. Yeah I had to sell it as I needed money and didn't have a choice. :cryying:

I'm hoping to jump into a new 5.0 here in the next few months.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread