Few new pics Coyote Swap 04 GT

TClark22

Established Member
Well winter finally hit a couple weeks ago and it was time to put the car away. Well this past weekend it got in the upper 50s. It rained most of the weekend but I was able to squeeze a little bit of time out on the road between storms! Had to wait until the roads were dry too, which was a PITA. Lol as it wasn't sunny or that warm so it took like half a day to get the roads dry enough (for hoosiers, lol) to drive on.

These will likely be the last time she is out until spring. Who knows what I have planned this winter...rear suspension is high on the list as well as lowering the car down overall. May start making a hotside :fm:

BIG_WINNER

Established Member
Sick car! How much do Coyote crate motors run? Thankfully you didn't put a LS motor in it like that genius that did that to a Mystic Cobra on here and thinks its cool...

what are you using for a trans? nvm see it in your sig

Last edited:

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
Damn I love this car. I'd love to do this to a Bullitt sometime, hell of a sleeper to those who wouldn't be able to tell the sound difference between the 2v and Coyote. How's it pull? Bet it feels really strong

TClark22

Established Member
Looking good boss!!
What you thinkin for the rear suspension??

Giving mr Zimmerman my money for the rear suspension! Relocated uppers, lowers, weld in anti-roll bar, springs...all Team Z. Haven't decided on shocks yet.

+1
Make a 1/4 mile monster and put a solid rear, get that snail and shoot for 9s! Also get your car weighed, I bet you will have fun putting a hurt on pullied cobras and bolt on 5.0s!

Once the turbo goes on...if I don't go for 9's I would be wasting my time! Yea I wonder how my car compares weight wise but don't know where to weigh it at.

At the track a few weeks back a pullied cobra was tearing me a new one. He was running 11.8s and I've run best of 12.14.

Sick car! How much do Coyote crate motors run? Thankfully you didn't put a LS motor in it like that genius that did that to a Mystic Cobra on here and thinks its cool...

what are you using for a trans? nvm see it in your sig

While I like his cobra...it was stupid he put an LS motor in a mystic cobra. The "It's cheap, reliable horsepower" thing isn't an excuse to defy such a car. I mean my car could have had an LS in it. The guy who helped me through the whole thing wanted me to do an LS + turbo + auto. Fast as hell? Sure. Boring to me...yes. Could I already be running 900hp for less than I have in it now...sure could. But I told him it had to be a ford. So we settled on me spending shit loads of money to build a Coyote. Would do it again in a heartbeat.

wanna sell them tails? :) hahahaha car looks good man. :beer:

Lol just bought them a couple weeks ago. Couldn't believe I had found some in good shape for a decent price (400)...got them...While the pictures did show they were in good condition. It did not show that the other lenses were warped...so they may be coming off in search of another pair. Most people won't notice it but the driver side is just to warped for me to let it slide.

Looks awesome! they have everything made for the swap right? headers, k member, what ecm?

Motor uses 4.6 motor mounts, 4.6 kmember, 4.6 trans bellhousing, bbk has headers for the swap. I used the Coyote control pack harness and ECM.

Looks perfect in there.

I sure think so :) and my buddy who helped me through it all just texted me the other night after reading the new MMFF. Makes us real proud when something we built in my garage looks better than what a shop who publishes their build in a magazine. Once the turbo goes on...I'll be hunting for magazines. cause the turbo setup will be just as clean

Damn I love this car. I'd love to do this to a Bullitt sometime, hell of a sleeper to those who wouldn't be able to tell the sound difference between the 2v and Coyote. How's it pull? Bet it feels really strong

Pulls great and just absolutely screams when wide open. Definitely a different feeling, 400rwhp N/a 5.0 VS. 400rwhp Boosted 2v

How many people have underestimated you on the street, and paid dearly for it, so far? :bowdown:

Honestly. Nobody so far. It hasn't been out on the streets long enough for anything. Streets are too busy around me anyway. Can't hardly go the speed limit before hitting traffic or another stop light around me. I was running faster than an Auto 12 GT with just exhaust and bigs n littles but not by much

zacmustang03

Established Member
you have a sick car op looks awesome! 400 rwhp with lots of potential. my gt weights 3380 with me in it after my termi swap. i have quite a bit of weight reduction tho. i think our gts weight 32 something stock.

TClark22

Established Member
What front accessories are you running and how?

Running Power steering and A/c. Power steering pump from my 04, a/c from my 04, and an alt from a 96-98 cobra. Power by the Hour makes an accessory drive kit for the coyote swaps that allows mounting of P/s pump and a/c pump in stock locations using stock lines.

Users who are viewing this thread