Fender is busted b/c of Discount Tire..

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
no, it's a professional shop - We got the truck, went down the street, and checked back in halfway through
They were fast. Like an hour, 90 mins max, and that's including paying for it, and a thorough explanation of the work preformed, and the warranty information...
etc etc...

BTW, not many places to go mudding in urban suburbs like west vancouver, so I doubt it - would've taken an hour just to get out to where you could go mudding

Zinc03Cobra

Super Trooper
Established Member
sorry for the misfortune. I stopped going to the main stream tire places a long time ago.. the best service I get is at the hole-in the wall places you see on the side of the road. I always go back cause they do good work at a great prices.

Canoodler

I hate speedbumps
Established Member
Shop around for the biggest estimate, get the check, visit a junkyard, find a black fender, put it on yourself, and viola! You just made several hundreds in profit. :thumbsup:

TXRDRNR

Never follow.
Established Member
VenomousSVT said:
good to hear they didnt try that "your a stupid girl and it was there before" bullshit!

Glad you're getting it fixed

Ditto! :beer:

Khajjathefang

Established Member
ok i dont know if you remember this but I actually tried to come check it out like a year and a half ago when i was on leave. is it still for sale? i may be able to use a parts car

Sapperstang

Established Member
Thats what you get for using DISOUNT tire direct to mount your wheels. Good luck and I hope you get the situation fixed.

LocoGT

Banned
Khajjathefang said:
ok i dont know if you remember this but I actually tried to come check it out like a year and a half ago when i was on leave. is it still for sale? i may be able to use a parts car
No, I got rid of that thing a looooong time ago

SVT4ME

Established Member
Stuff like that is going to happen everywhere. So don't care where the work gets done, I take a quick walk around.

NeedaCobra

Master of the Obvious
Established Member
When I was getting my rims and tires on (Cobra Rs and Nittos all around) I left the old rims/tires there to get my truck and pick them up. While they were sitting there, a guy saw them and wanted to know whose they were. So I called him and sold the old rims like the same or next day :)

Great8

Pulley-less in Motown
Established Member
I always removed my wheels & tires, put them in plastic garbage bags, then take them to the tire store. I've had 3 fourth gen Camaros, and I never wanted to chance it. Plus I could torque the lug nuts properly, without worrying about some hack with an impact gun over-tightening them.

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
I never had a problem with them until they stole my chrome valve stem caps and replaced them with black plastic ones. I went back to bitch and they told me there weren't any chromies on there when I brought it in. Bastards. I'll use them again, but I'm definitely keeping an eye on them.

stevieb

Established Member
Its not really the shops fault but the idiot that did the job. Of course the shop is responsible for the damage, but having two people mess someones car I'd say there was a training issue. If I owned the biz Id be looking hard at the manager and look into making some personel changes.

Users who are viewing this thread