Fender is busted b/c of Discount Tire..

dorky LS1 chick

still lurking...
Established Member
As I posted before, I was going to get my wheels/tires on yesterday, which I did. And they look awesome by the way, I'd take pics but it's been too cold and rainy to wash the car and find a good spot to take pics..so the pics will be posted soon..

What I hadn't planned on was some douchbag @ Discount Tire putting the LIFTS on the wrong spot on my car and busting my left front fender (the piece right above my front tire where my SS emblem is)! I noticed it immediately when I went to pick up my car. At first I told myself, well maybe it'll pop back into place...so I took it up and look under it, and lo and behold: the rocker that my fender pops onto, to bolt down, was bent back. So my fender isn't flush with my car, it sticks out about an inch or so. I took it back to Discount - the guy that sold me my stuff is awesome..I didn't go in there bitching, i said "look..i have a problem, it looks like someone didn't put the lifts on the right spot, and now my fender is busted.." he went outside and looked and from the way he acted, it was like it had happened before. So, he told me to go get some estimates...the body shop i always use quoted me @ $930...they have to replace the whole fender and the rocker. What's more, is that the guy that did my estimate said he just had a guy come in and get an estimate for the same exact thing happening!

What upsets me the most isn't the fact that they did it, because accidents happen..it's the guys in the bays didn't say $hit and were probably thinking "well maybe she's too stupid to notice.." blah blah..

I'm not bad mouthing discount tire - because I had free installation and got my Nittos fo $173/piece...just the douches in the bay..

okay..i'm done ranting..thank you :(

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
I hate those places!! They screwed up my $500 rim too...of course they tried to blame it on me. I looked down, picked up the metal scrappings of my rim off their floor and said, "If i did it, then why the heck are their small scrappings of my rim on your floor?" They then bought me a new one...

Last edited:

ampstang

Nobody F's w/ a Lion
Established Member
I ordered rims for my old mustang along time ago. It took almost a half a year to get in. I usually go to them though. A have a couple of friends that work there, and everyone is pretty nice. There is the occasional douche-bag that works there who doesn't know what's going on.

LocoGT

Banned
dorky LS1 chick said:
As I posted before, I was going to get my wheels/tires on yesterday, which I did. And they look awesome by the way, I'd take pics but it's been too cold and rainy to wash the car and find a good spot to take pics..so the pics will be posted soon..

What I hadn't planned on was some douchbag @ Discount Tire putting the LIFTS on the wrong spot on my car and busting my left front fender (the piece right above my front tire where my SS emblem is)! I noticed it immediately when I went to pick up my car. At first I told myself, well maybe it'll pop back into place...so I took it up and look under it, and lo and behold: the rocker that my fender pops onto, to bolt down, was bent back. So my fender isn't flush with my car, it sticks out about an inch or so. I took it back to Discount - the guy that sold me my stuff is awesome..I didn't go in there bitching, i said "look..i have a problem, it looks like someone didn't put the lifts on the right spot, and now my fender is busted.." he went outside and looked and from the way he acted, it was like it had happened before. So, he told me to go get some estimates...the body shop i always use quoted me @ $930...they have to replace the whole fender and the rocker. What's more, is that the guy that did my estimate said he just had a guy come in and get an estimate for the same exact thing happening!

What upsets me the most isn't the fact that they did it, because accidents happen..it's the guys in the bays didn't say $hit and were probably thinking "well maybe she's too stupid to notice.." blah blah..

I'm not bad mouthing discount tire - because I had free installation and got my Nittos fo $173/piece...just the douches in the bay..

okay..i'm done ranting..thank you :(
Sucks. This is why I take the wheels off my cars myself & take them in w/the tires to get mounted & balanced & bring them home & put em on my car myself. Think about doing that next time :cryying:

EDIT: Nice avatar :nono: :rollseyes

ampstang

Nobody F's w/ a Lion
Established Member
^if you have a truck to put your wheels in. It sucks trying to stuff 4 wheels into a car and not get the seats dirty or scratched.

LocoGT

Banned
ampstang said:
^if you have a truck to put your wheels in. It sucks trying to stuff 4 wheels into a car and not get the seats dirty or scratched.
I put 4 wheels + 4 tires (unmounted) into my GTP w/no problems. Put a sheet down over the seats like I did.

Hell, I did the same in my old 95 Z and didn't mess up a thing & they all fit fine.

EDIT: Also, I NEVER leave my cars at any shop. I stay and watch them work on it.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
only time that I've went to discount tire was in Long Beach. I drove up from San Diego since the price they had was impossible to match anywhere else. Also, the guy who installed the tires (I had my S2000 at the time) was a big S2000 nut, and had a very nice 01 S2000 himself, so I knew that my car would get taken care of right..

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I HATE Discount Tire. I stopped using them a few years ago when I had my Z28. I had ordered a custom set of rims that were supposed to take 6 weeks to build and ship. I called at about the 4 week mark just to check up on them and they said "oh any time now, check back." I called back the next week and the guy says "what rims are these?" They didn't even order them! I was soooo pissed. THEN, I had a problem with one of the tires, an entire block of tread came off while going down the road. Since Michelin didn't make these tires anymore, they weren't going to make good on the road hazard. It took a lot of griping and complaining to finally get satisfied. That's only 2 of the many problems I had with them. F*CK Discount Tire.

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
I have a friend that works at discount. He used to have a 5.0 and I actually have the wheels on my car that used to be on his so he's always nice and careful with my car. Plus, I'm scary.

Lupuri

Smack that ass bitch!
Established Member
Thats worse then the place I had insall my alarm ripped my driver's door handle off (stupid plastic fox handles!!)

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
you should've seen the "tech" that put rear tires on my 65 lincoln. i think he learned that day why they made bumber jacks back in the '60's.

BlueOvalAvenger

Beerknurd
Established Member
I've never had a problem with discount tire. I got my Cobra R's from them. The guy that worked there ordered them for his wife's car, she didn't want them after they came in so they sat there for a couple months. When I came in looking to get some new rubber installed he showed em to me, made a deal I couldn't pass up. Got em for 120 bucks each.

sjf

Established Member
that sucks good looking out for them fixing it for you though i might order mine from them but i know a mechanic who always helps me out and he will put mine on

BlackDrop50

No traction til 3rd....
Established Member
Yep I am paranoid about my hatchback so I don't take it to any shops, I do all the work myself if I can. If I need tire work done I take it to one of my best friends who works at a tire shop and he CAREFULLY changes my tires out. I am just too paranoid to take my car anywhere else because of my rims.

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
kal Tire all the way
Not sure if you have that in the US.
i have a friend who actually has a pathfinder, and they found a large baseball-sized lump in the rear tire, so the car needed a new set of four.
guy gives him his pickup truck - no joke, the kal tire guy gave him his truck to use for a few hours! This isn't just a story my friend made up, I was there, i've ridden in his truck.
they won over my buddy mark, and they even won over me. Class act.
And the pathfinder was clean, and the rims polished when it came back out.
Way to go kal-Tire! :thumbsup:
they won over TWO customers that day.

LocoGT

Banned
Vancouver83LTD said:
kal Tire all the way
i have a friend who actually has a pathfinder, and they found a large baseball-sized lump in the rear tire, so the car needed a new set of four.
guy gives him his pickup truck - no joke, the kal tire guy gave him his truck to use for a few hours! This isn't just a story my friend made up, I was there, i've ridden in his truck.
Yea, gotta keep those bling wheels on the LTD shining

BlakHrse95

Established Member
Vancouver83LTD said:
kal Tire all the way

I bet they did clean the pathfinder up after they went mudding/offroading in it all afternoon! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread