fellow svt owners, opinions please

99SVTcobraVERT

i want to do something to dress up the snake a little. i have mods in my sig so far. i saw silver gt convt the other day with steeda graphics and i thought it was sweet. what do you guys think about this kit?

here is the link to the kit im interested in, blk vinals with the banner in silver

http://www.steeda.com/products/steeda_decal_kits_with_sidewinder.php

i wouldnt put on the gtrac suspension because i dont have gtrac suspension and i wouldnt be able to put on the front decal because VA is gay and has front license plates. but the rest would go on. what do you guys think? wouldnt look stupid with saleen wheels would it?

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
Only decal i would put is SVTPERFORMANCE and thats on the side windows. besides that i wouldnt put anything on there.

03nightmare

BRAD
Established Member
I say do what you want I can't stand people who are bent on being the same old same old. people say keep it stealth. what is stealth about a stock cobra. um nothing. at least with a steeda kit people would wonder if it was a real cobra or something else. Do what you want if you think it looks good, than who cares. march to the beat of your own drum, not everyone elses.

99SVTcobraVERT

03nightmare, i agree with your statement for the most part and i do pretty much whatever i want because it is my car and i pay for it. thanks for pointing that out. and putting sidewinders on the car is hardly making the car riced out. and putting steeda graphics on a car is no different from svtperf,saleen, flowmaster,bassani etc etc. none of those companies are paying for that advertisng either. its not about that either.

and btw there is nothing stealth about a cobra with a blower as loud as a screaming ape, exhaust rumble you can feel and hear from a decent distance,a big ass heat exchanger sticking out the front bumper, cobra inserts you can read from a mile away and a license plate adertising the sc

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I do agree that you should do with your car what YOU like, not what OTHERS like. However, you did ask for input so you have to expect opinions that reflect the likes of others.

My take on this is that if the car isn't a Steeda conversion then stay away from decals and body mods that might say it is. That's just my opinion. So, I would never do it. But....it is definitely your car. You drive it. So you should ultimately do to it what YOU like. Then it wouldn't matter if 99% of people didn't like what you did. It would only matter that YOU like what you did.

Final comment about "stealth". There is more to stealth than the sound of the motor. A Terminator seen through a rear view mirror that hasn't been modded on the exterior except maybe being lowered, doesn't draw a lot of attention. However, Mustangs with body kits like this get quicker attention. So when people say not adding this kit enhances the stealth factor of the car, they are talking about how the car looks, not how it sounds. I agree, though, that if your motor sounds way healthy, the "stealth" factor can get tossed out the window. :)

Last edited:

MVPJEFF106

Boosted PoPo
Established Member
Like Bob said, whatever floats your boat. It's your car, so who cares what everyone else thinks. Would I do it to my Term? Hell no. Steeda graphics are for Steeda's. Saleen Graphics are for Saleen's. Cobra's are the only Cobra's. I don't like cross-matching cars. But, it wouldn't look horrible....... just out of place to someone like me.

Rustan

Dude in a Cobra
Established Member
I said no because I don't like the way the graphics look on a Cobra and you don't have any Steeda parts on your mod list. I did not base my opinion on stealth, if you know what an 03-04 Cobra is, then there is no real stealth to it. I thought in this thread you were asking for opinions and then this march to your own beat crap starts. :shrug: Sounds like to me you already have your mind made up. If you wanted to march to your own beat and be unique then do it! Don't ask for other's opinions, that's not unique.

99SVTcobraVERT

Rustan said:
I said no because I don't like the way the graphics look on a Cobra and you don't have any Steeda parts on your mod list. I did not base my opinion on stealth, if you know what an 03-04 Cobra is, then there is no real stealth to it. I thought in this thread you were asking for opinions and then this march to your own beat crap starts. :shrug: Sounds like to me you already have your mind made up. If you wanted to march to your own beat and be unique then do it! Don't ask for other's opinions, that's not unique.

i plan on steeda shifter and steeda suspension upgrades, this was going to be installed after those. and i was asking opinions in this thread because i havent quite made up my mind yet. i wasnt sure the feeling on this because i want to keep my car tasteful looking. because yes indeed it is my car but i also dont want to be laughed at for driving a COBRA for christ sake because of a mod i did.

blackvenom77

killer cobra
Established Member
03nightmare said:
I say do what you want I can't stand people who are bent on being the same old same old. people say keep it stealth. what is stealth about a stock cobra. um nothing. at least with a steeda kit people would wonder if it was a real cobra or something else. Do what you want if you think it looks good, than who cares. march to the beat of your own drum, not everyone elses.
Listen Mr. GI Joe, he asked for our opinion and we gave it. Beleive it or not most people don't know the 03-04's have a blower. Adding stickers, bling-bling COBRA inserts, etc... looks trashy on such a already great looking mustang. We are just trying to save him the trouble of taking that crap off down the road.

99SVTcobraVERT

agreed newbreed which is why i posted up for opinions because it is important that i be happy but i also dont want to be a laughin stock. sort of like the guy sporting a mullet with a 78 trans am blasting 80's rock for the whole world to hear.

Users who are viewing this thread