fellow californians....

ultrajetboat

Established Member
What do you guys do about superchargers? the only paxton/vortech kits that come with a c.a.r.b. certification are the base kits. Do you guys buy the base kits then buy the better injectors, bap, intake, spark plugs, hd belt....you end up spending way more then then available "special" kits by certain providers. or do you just get the good kits and worry about it in a few years? If i didnt love california so much i would hate it! the few years i was stationed somewhere else were so much easier to deal with taxes and car related stuff.

come to think of it...when i moved back i had a cai on my truck with no carb sticker and the dmv inspector didnt say anything, maybe because im in the military? who knows....i really dont want to risk having such a hard time getting my mustang smogged when the time comes....

BigMackCoyote

I have a Boost Leak!
Established Member
I live in Pa which has California emissions and i was able to pass by requesting an emissions tune from Lund Racing. He did a great job on it as it passed with flying colors! He said it will work with or without cats. Obviously if you don't have cats you won't pass visual unless you know someone who doesn't do the visual part :)

Lund Racing ftw!

stewarts2008

Established Member
yea, i am just going to bolt the cats back up, put the factory airbox on, change breather package back to pcv hoses, and that should pass fine

Users who are viewing this thread