Feeler: 2004 Competition Orange Cobra *Built Motor*

Status
Not open for further replies.

applecarguy

Established Member
UPDATE!!! Car is now officially for sale!!

Here is a little history... I have had the car for about a year and a half right now it has just over 60k miles on the body/chassis and the engine has about 250 miles. The previous owner was a Marine and had to sell it because he was moving to Japan. When he owned the car he had bought a bad used ported blower and when he was having the car tuned somehow metal from the blower went inside the engine. He had the engine rebuilt and I bought it shortly after that. When I bought the car it had about 50k miles on it. I put on about 10k miles then one day when I made a short WOT pull with the car the engine blew. We are not 100% sure of the cause, but I believe its a combination of a bad tune, and that my intercooler pump had gone out. I didn't notice it because it was only working intermittently. Anyways I had my car taken to Jesus a local guy, referred to me by a friend, who does a lot of work on Lightnings as well as Cobras. We decided to have a built motor done for my car. He sends all of his engines to and works closely with High Performance Solutions (HPS) in Irwindale, CA. They are one of the best engine builders in Southern California. After discussing with HPS, we decided to go with a built motor that had 9.5:1 Compression. I kept the stock heads and cams for the time being. I will list the specs on the engine below as well as other mods. I don't have all the exact info on the engine yet. Im waiting for my receipt. I will update this thread as soon as I know all of the info. Engine setup is good for 900hp. Right now I still have my Posi ported Eaton but this engine is ready to have a bigger blower strapped on. The car was tuned by Bob Kurgan and put down 516hp and 525tq at about 95* outside. The car turned out amazing Jesus did a fantastic job and the car runs flawless. One of the smoothest running cobras ever, no lie. The balancing was perfect. Also to be 100% honest this car is not perfect but it is very nice. It is a driver. It has rock chips on the hood and a few small digs here and there which are hardly noticeable. Overall I would give the exterior an 8/10 and the interior a 9/10. I am very OCD about my cars so I try to keep things as clean looking and neat as possible. I even polished my AC lines which you can't even see haha. Anyone who knows me will say the same thing about my cars. I am looking to get $23,000 Obo.

Here is a build thread for the car http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...mp-Orange-Cobra-Build-(PIC-HEAVY!)&highlight=

Mods:
Built Motor:
- Stock 4.6 Cobra Block (Manley Rods, Ceramic Coated Manley Pistons, ARP 2000 hardware all around, high boost rings)
- .30 Over,
- 9.5:1 Compression
- Redone Heads (upgraded Manley valve springs)
- Completely balance. It is literally perfect, car does not even shake at all like cobras usually do it is one of the most smooth cobra engines I have ever seen. All of those that have seen the car can vouch for that.
Posi Race Ported Blower (Painted Black)
Posi Ported Dragon Plenum (Painted Black)
Dragon Throttle Body
Polished Reichard Racing 2.75 Upper Pulley
Metco 4lb Lower
Billetflow Idlers
Metco 3.2" Alternator Pulley
JLT CAI
Lethal Gen 2 Head Cooling Mod
Custom Moroso Breather/ Catch Can Setup.
Custom Switch to run intercooler pump while car is not running.
Fuel:
- Ford Racing 60lb Injectors, KB boost a pump, SCT BA3000 MAF
- Bob Kurgan Break in tune!
Exhaust:
- JBA Shorties, Bassani Catted X, Magnaflow Catback.
Trans:
- McLeod RST twin disc, B&M Shifter, McLeod Micro Click Firewall Adjuster, and Fiore Quadrant.
Suspension:
- 3/4 Cut Coil in Front, H&R Sport in rear, No ISO's, Maximum Motor Sports Caster Camber Plates, Billetflow IRS Brace.
- Hurst Line Lock.
Other:
- Speed of Sound A pillar dual gauge pod.
- AEM Digital Boost and A/F Ratio Gauges.

Onto the pics.. These pics were all taken 7/26/14 (except the first one). I have more of the engine in the build thread.
IMG_0469_zps53d81243.jpg

IMG_8109_zps21be88e6.jpg

IMG_8133_zps0b0f2915.jpg

IMG_8142_zps992a4cf2.jpg

IMG_8186_zps1d80e214.jpg

IMG_8228_zps8465700f.jpg

IMG_3094_zpse2b3e2d6.jpg

IMG_3086_zps79fb5e00.jpg

IMG_3087_zps14eadd23.jpg

IMG_3085_zpsa115aba3.jpg

Last edited:

PhoenixGT09

"I Like the Tuna Here."
Established Member
Awww that sucks to hear that you have to sell OP! I was following the rebuild thread and it came out looking great and reads like it's running great now too. GLWS! Hopefully you'll find a way to be able to keep it......

Ace5Oh

Established Member
Would hate to see it go Jon but you gotta do what you gotta do. Good luck.

I can vouch for this cobra.

applecarguy

Established Member
Clean car! Glws, should move fast!

Thanks!

Damn. Damn damn damn damn. Maybe I could swing having two

hahaha yea you should pick it up lol. One for daily one for garage queen lol.

No doubt very nice CO - GLWS

Thanks! I appreciate it!

Awww that sucks to hear that you have to sell OP! I was following the rebuild thread and it came out looking great and reads like it's running great now too. GLWS! Hopefully you'll find a way to be able to keep it......

Thank you! Yea it sucks but school needs to be my priority now. I hope there is a way I could keep it but idk if that can happen.

Would hate to see it go Jon but you gotta do what you gotta do. Good luck.

I can vouch for this cobra.

Thanks man. Yea I will hate to see it go too.

AWH NO!!!

Take her with you! THE BUILD THREAD MUST GO ON

haha I would love to take her but idk if I would be able to.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
whhaaat!?? say it aint so!! you just got it back was hoping to see it at the dragstrip or c&c sometime soon.

well glws anyway, man! :beer:

applecarguy

Established Member
whhaaat!?? say it aint so!! you just got it back was hoping to see it at the dragstrip or c&c sometime soon.

well glws anyway, man! :beer:

Yea unfortunately I will probably have to move on from the car. I did have it at C&C on saturday but it was a last minute thing. Im debating on taking it to Irwindale when the break in is done but I'm not sure yet. Car has never seen a track before lol.

Ace5Oh

Established Member
Yea unfortunately I will probably have to move on from the car. I did have it at C&C on saturday but it was a last minute thing. Im debating on taking it to Irwindale when the break in is done but I'm not sure yet. Car has never seen a track before lol.

My drag setup doe!

mnetwork

Established Member
Can I get some closeups of the noticeable flaws? Also, do you have a CarFax on the car or at least know the history?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread