FedEx Hell!

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
Many a times have I watched the shipping progress of stuff shipped fedex and wondered wtf they were doing

Last time (and it will be the last time I use them) I watched my package arrive at airport <5mi from my house (already days late) and then travel ~75mi IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION to a "sorting center." The next day it went even further away to a different "major city's hub for distribution." Finally arrived at my house over a week late.

Round trip from airport to my house was over 300miles and over 3days when the airport it arrived at was a 15min drive from my house

Fedex is awful
UPS with their liberal bs
Usps, HA

Might as well start breeding carrier pigeons

"Nothing makes me question ALL of my life decisions like SVTP."

Posts and likes are not mine.

quad

Established Member
UPS and Amazon deliveries have been better than Fedex and USPS in my experience. Though I have not personally had any items damaged or stolen by any of them. USPS have delivered packages to the wrong addresses though but the packages ended up in the right hands eventually because of honest neighbors. I guess we've just been lucky.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
USPS and local FedEx to me is pretty good. USPS packages are in the best condition and cleanest of the big three.
Our normal FedEx driver, actually a contractor, is a good guy. Single dad. Last week I called FedEx to compliment him. For the last 1-3/4 years he's just been plugging along.

Local UPS is poor. Packages are normally pretty beat-up and absolutely filthy. They normally get hauled into our garage and opened there. Don't they ever clean their conveyors, carts, or trucks?
That's great that you have an awesome delivery driver (we have an awesome UPS delivery guy), BUT.....unfortunately, there are a lot of other FedEx drivers/workers between the point of departure and your local FedEx distribution center. Therein lies the point of contention.

It wasn't all that long ago that FedEx was the top dog in delivery and customer service. They were also the most expensive of the top three. They're probably still the most expensive, but customers are not getting near the value for their money that they got back them.

Just a point of observation regarding customer service in general across the country. When outsourcing went mainstream, the service of many companies dropped considerably. Then came Covid-19 and customer service took a further nosedive. We saw LONG telephone hold times and reduced (U.S.) staffing. With Covid-19 restrictions pretty much behind us, we still have long phone hold times and worsening service. And I'm convinced that most corporations aren't eager to add support staff when Americans have acclimated to those long waits. I predict customer support/service is not going to get any better any time soon.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Bought something in AZ. FEDEX shipped it to CA, then back to AZ, then to MN. It has sat for 3 days in MN with no attempt at delivery.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
That's great that you have an awesome delivery driver (we have an awesome UPS delivery guy), BUT.....unfortunately, there are a lot of other FedEx drivers/workers between the point of departure and your local FedEx distribution center. Therein lies the point of contention.

It wasn't all that long ago that FedEx was the top dog in delivery and customer service. They were also the most expensive of the top three. They're probably still the most expensive, but customers are not getting near the value for their money that they got back them.

Just a point of observation regarding customer service in general across the country. When outsourcing went mainstream, the service of many companies dropped considerably. Then came Covid-19 and customer service took a further nosedive. We saw LONG telephone hold times and reduced (U.S.) staffing. With Covid-19 restrictions pretty much behind us, we still have long phone hold times and worsening service. And I'm convinced that most corporations aren't eager to add support staff when Americans have acclimated to those long waits. I predict customer support/service is not going to get any better any time soon.

You missed my point. I'm not disagreeing with what's being posted at all.
I just can't bash FedEx, when for me, they've been a helluva lot better than UPS.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
Yeah, I've got a couple fed ex stories. Here's the best one..

~2012 I ordered a pair of vredestein ultrac sessanta 315s. Package eventually gets to my town and goes out for delivery but never shows up. I call up 'customer service' and am told the driver said the back door on his truck came open somewhere on his route and my tires must have rolled out. (Thanks for letting me know, asshole!) I'm then told to call this number and that number and wait 30 days or some bs for a response from their claims dept. Basically running me around to get me to throw my hands in the air.

Fast forward a day or two and I get a voicemail out of nowhere from some old man telling me he found my tires in his barn! I call him up and he tells me his grandson works for fed ex and was probably stealing them from me. Unfortunately for the grandson, he forgot to remove the shipping label with my name, address and phone number before stashing them. Thanks again to the grandfather with integrity!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Bought something in AZ. FEDEX shipped it to CA, then back to AZ, then to MN. It has sat for 3 days in MN with no attempt at delivery.
I had a similar situation happen last month. The aggravating part is that a FedEx manager couldn't tell me WHY my package had not moved in three days. I'm pretty sure mine was deemed to be of secondary importance (??) so it sat on-hold waiting for a specific truck to load it onto. Just a guess, but there is really no other explanation. All over the country, customer service is nose-diving due to lack of manpower and an unwillingness/inability to hire more people. JMO.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You missed my point. I'm not disagreeing with what's being posted at all.
I just can't bash FedEx, when for me, they've been a helluva lot better than UPS.
I actually didn't miss your point. I'm glad you're receiving good service from FedEx. Overall, as you can see from the comments posted, they suck. I was just pointing out the obvious. They're failing to provide the exceptional and fast delivery service they were once prided for.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
I actually didn't miss your point. I'm glad you're receiving good service from FedEx. Overall, as you can see from the comments posted, they suck. I was just pointing out the obvious. They're failing to provide the exceptional and fast delivery service they were once prided for.

Too bad Bob, I'm not going to say they "suck" just because you want me to. Thought you were for freedom of speech.

01yellercobra

Established Member
A couple months ago I ordered something that was coming from about 120 miles north of me. For some reason it was still going to take FedEx 5 days to get it to me. The day it was supposed to show the tracking suddenly showed it not coming and not sure when. Turns out FedEx lost the contractor they had by me. A guy I know walked in that day and lost his job.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
My last protein Shake delivery left from NV.. and went to New York before it came to me in Texas

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Recently, I bought a set of used 13/14 base wheels from Van, Revan Racing Van.

From Florida to Georgia shipped insured. I received 3 of the 4 boxes, and screen captured the STATUS of out for delivery on the 4th box.

3-4 days later, no box. Same status. I went to the fedex hub, 10 min from my house the gal couldnt find the box. Van worked it from his end.

When Van contacted customer service, a regional supervisor called me and said he would have the box located and call me back in 24 hours. ~~~never returned my call

2 weeks later, that wheel and box arrived covered in a tar like substance. The wheel was protected.

The kicker to all of this, Fedex than updated their system to reflect box had been delivered on the same date as the other 3.

Thank goodness for screen shots, because thats what would have validated our claim.

Sent from my SM-G975U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
When I worked at a Ford Dealership you get access to FMC Dealer, which has a Forum for technicians, parts guys and sales. There was quite the thread from the parts guys with video footage of shipping companies, be it FedX, UPS or whatnot just dumping boxes out of their truck, or tossing the boxes at the delivery door. One Dealership had to install a security camera to catch one guy doing this because every windshield they ordered came in broken or cracked. Ford claimed it was not them and it took the video to prove the delivery driver was just being a jack ass.
Shortly after that, that delivery company fired that guy, or so they say. Chances are they moved him to a different route.

Blown 89

Established Member
I ship FedEx every day, never had any problems. This thread is making me want to come up with a backup plan

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeah, I've got a couple fed ex stories. Here's the best one..

~2012 I ordered a pair of vredestein ultrac sessanta 315s. Package eventually gets to my town and goes out for delivery but never shows up. I call up 'customer service' and am told the driver said the back door on his truck came open somewhere on his route and my tires must have rolled out. (Thanks for letting me know, asshole!) I'm then told to call this number and that number and wait 30 days or some bs for a response from their claims dept. Basically running me around to get me to throw my hands in the air.

Fast forward a day or two and I get a voicemail out of nowhere from some old man telling me he found my tires in his barn! I call him up and he tells me his grandson works for fed ex and was probably stealing them from me. Unfortunately for the grandson, he forgot to remove the shipping label with my name, address and phone number before stashing them. Thanks again to the grandfather with integrity!
Wow, that's an amazing story. Kudos to the grandfather for choosing integrity, like you said. There's been increased instances of theft by FedEx and UPS drivers. Especially when the contents of the package are known. Glad you got your tires. Did the grandfather have you pick them up at his house? Was the driver (his grandson) reported for theft?

Users who are viewing this thread