favorite 1911?

o2gt

Established Member
simple question what is your favorite 1911 maker? Im thinking about picking one up at the end of the year. my budget will go up to about $1,200. looking forward to hearing peoples thoughts.

Livinloud5

Established Member
My favorite 1911's are Ed Browns.

But for your price range it would be hard to beat a Dan wesson Valor or a Springfield Armory TRP/TRP Operator.

You may have to shop around a bit to fit your budget but it can be done.

Blake.

Blown 89

Established Member
Find some good gunsmiths in your area and ask them. I know where this conversation is headed and their answers will be different than what you get here.

I have yet to hear a gunsmith call Kimbers anything but garbage (my gunsmith's exact words Sunday). I say that because I know what's coming. Wesson, Springfield, and Colt are the only decent options in your price range.

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
I'm picking up a Sig Sauer 1911 Nightmare carry in about two weeks (currently on order). Sig is running a sale now through the beginning of April. If you purchase a 1911 in .45ACP they will give you a 1911 .22 model free.

U.M.

Buy this...
large_F1Sig1911FCA45NMR_0.jpg

Get this free...
72969.jpg

MDShelby

Established Member
Premium Member
Tough to beat a Colt, but I did have a Kimber some years back that I thought was very good. I just didn't shoot it much and sold it.

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
Colt Commander for me.
Lots of good manufacturers out there besides Colt.
UM's sig looks good

blackvette101

Established Member
if you could swing alittle more money I would say a TRP. But I actually got a new one yesterday in your price range and I choose the smith and wesson enhanced 1911 with rail. If you look at its features its one of the best 1911's in the price range. The early production versions got a bad rap but that was a few years ago. The new ones are top notch.
108409_01_lg.jpg

Last edited:

blackvette101

Established Member
but i am more into tactical 1911's. If your looking for more nostalgic 1911's or ones that will have a tight chamber for suberb accuracy its not for you.

VerySneaky

Bug Annihilator
Established Member
I'm picking up a Sig Sauer 1911 Nightmare carry in about two weeks (currently on order). Sig is running a sale now through the beginning of April. If you purchase a 1911 in .45ACP they will give you a 1911 .22 model free.

U.M.

Buy this...

Get this free...
72969.jpg

/Drool......
I love those two tones.

On-topic: Depending on the purpose, the top of my list rests with Sig Sauer, Colt and Springfield Arms. I just wish I had a grand to shell out for a P226.

My Monster

Established Member
If you can stretch the budget just a bit more, I'd suggest a Dan Wesson Valor or CCO.

ultimateburrito

Established Member
My favorite 1911's are Ed Browns.

But for your price range it would be hard to beat a Dan wesson Valor or a Springfield Armory TRP/TRP Operator.

You may have to shop around a bit to fit your budget but it can be done.

Blake.

I have a Springfield Armory 1911 operator. It is my favorite 1911 and i bought it for $800 used. It never fails and is very comfortable.:rockon:

jonb347

Established Member

U.M.

Buy this...

Get this free...
72969.jpg

they have run out and the deal is over so don't do that!

I spent a long time checking out my options and shot a bunch. I got my first one just the other day. I chose a Para Black Ops. I love it, its the finest mainstream 1911 I've shot, I enjoy it more than the sigs. My second option was a full size nightmare. The black ops has a 100 rebate right now too.

kimbers aren't what they used to be.

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
they have run out and the deal is over so don't do that!
You sure? Can you point me to a resource confirming this? The company I'm purchasing from (Walter Craig) told me they will give me a certificate along with my 1911 Sig purchase which I fill out and send back to Sig and a 1911-.22 will be sent to me via the dealer at no cost. I just spoke to a Walter Craig employee the day before yesterday and they assured me the promotion is ongoing?

U.M.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread