Established Member
CAM00552_zps30199382.jpg

here's a video of that run:
vortech supercharged mustang gt 1/4 mile - YouTube

Damn that's good, but what's up with the car next to ya. That thing rolled out

musclemustang65

NA again
Established Member
Tach is set to 5,800 but when I race im so focused on the track and the sound of the motor that either 1.I shift before the shift light because of the engine sound, or 2. I just don't see the light come on due to focusing on the track, shifting, and the engine sound.

This is the first car ive had with a shift light so im very use to going by the sound rather than trying to take my eyes off the track to look at the RPMs.
Plus it is an autometer gauge type light so its not huge or super bright.

Bite u

Established Member
Ya that thing is a racecar lol. Gm 5.3 with vic jr intake carb cam and longtubes with a 100+ shot. It makes me look slow.

Yeah that was gonna b my guess... Didn't sound. Like a mustang haha. And moved out nicely... Pretty nasty what a 5.3 will do.

Bite u

Established Member
And sneakypete, has a 01 bullitt with some bolt ons, little suspension, t56, 4.30's n a 150 shot. It's on a email tune as best trap is 122, he plans on slapping it on the dyno and getting a real nitrous tune, should pick up nicely

vortek01gt

JustA2v
Established Member
And sneakypete, has a 01 bullitt with some bolt ons, little suspension, t56, 4.30's n a 150 shot. It's on a email tune as best trap is 122, he plans on slapping it on the dyno and getting a real nitrous tune, should pick up nicely
Nice. Gonna have to step my game up. What time was he running with that 122 trap?

4.6pimp

Established Member
There is a guy on the turbo forums with a 96 gt that has the pi head swap and a ebay gt45 turbo with a th400. He's been 10.54 @ 122-124. Stock bottom end.

99MystiC

Established Member
I duno if you know of Stangfreak but his combo recently made 477 hp with 515 tq on e85. Before that tho he ran 7.0s in the 1/8th but since then hes been working out some bugs with his trans. Cant recall his 1/4 times tho.

vortek01gt

JustA2v
Established Member
There is a guy on the turbo forums with a 96 gt that has the pi head swap and a ebay gt45 turbo with a th400. He's been 10.54 @ 122-124. Stock bottom end.
Crap...dont know if i can squeeze another 3 tenths out of my car. Theres still some stuff im going to do to it but dont think it will get that far.

Eric@jpc

Established Member
There is a Kid here at the shop thats been in the .80s with his stock 2V engine

its a 5.4 though

completely stock though came out the junk yard for 250 bucks

its got a 76mm turbo

snakerider

SVT-DROP
Established Member
Thanks man. Im going back after some changes lighter wheels, battery relocation, subframe install, and some more weight reduction. Maybe i can chip away at that et!

I might be hitting the track with my car in Dec. if I get a new clutch instslled by then.

vortek01gt

JustA2v
Established Member
Wow thats a great time! I seen your dyno thread and said aww crap hes going to go way faster then me lol. Congrats man!

Users who are viewing this thread