Fastest stock shortblock 2v?

vortek01gt

JustA2v
Established Member
I was wondering if anyone knows how fast people have been with the stock 2v shortblock. No matter if it has n2o, sc or turbo, e-85, racegas or pump......whats the 1/4 mile record?

D's01Snake

Motor City Muscle
Established Member
Not sure but if your numbers in your sig are correct and you have a stock bottom end, I'm thoroughly impressed

vortek01gt

JustA2v
Established Member
^^^Thank you, and yes its the stock shortblock, and that was my "racegas" tune (50/50 mix of 100 and 91). I made a thread on MM and didn't find anyone faster so I'm getting pretty curious.

musclemustang65

NA again
Established Member
With nothing more than exhaust, suspension, Kenne bell and tires I have ran a 7.61 in the 1/8 on 93 octane with a 5 speed. Had a leaking head gasket and clutch slipping some so it should be faster now.

Last edited:

C.Hicks26

SVT-888
Established Member
With nothing more than exhaust, suspension, Kenne bell and tires I have ran a 7.61 in the 1/8 on 93 octane with a 5 speed. Had a leaking head gasket and clutch slipping some so it should be faster now.

I saw your other post that you ran 7.61 at 91mph with 1.66 60ft. With the power you are making i figure you'd be a good bit faster. I have a cammed 4v n/a in my 04 convertible 5spd that makes 348rwhp and i have run a 7.88 at 89mph (usually traps 90mph) with a 1.74 60ft.

Jcobra03

import reaper
Established Member
my d1sc procharged 02 gt made 450/449 and it ran 7.30s at 94-97 mph on pump gas . Drove it daily then the rod exited the block on the way home from work lol

vortek01gt

JustA2v
Established Member
CAM00552_zps30199382.jpg

here's a video of that run:
vortech supercharged mustang gt 1/4 mile - YouTube

musclemustang65

NA again
Established Member
I may be a lil off aith my 60ft. All I can think of it that I'm holding back unintentionally bc I'm afraid of hurting it. Plus being all sc power I'm dumping boost on every shift.

vortek01gt

JustA2v
Established Member
I may be a lil off aith my 60ft. All I can think of it that I'm holding back unintentionally bc I'm afraid of hurting it. Plus being all sc power I'm dumping boost on every shift.
Did you mean you are holding back on the launch? What 60ft are you getting? And its my understanding that everyone with a sc dumps boost durring shifts, thats what the bypass is for. Maybe if you are running an auto it might not be as drastic.

goat-ee

Established Member
The times and mph you are getting are impressive, so don't misunderstand the following statement.

In general, a built shortblock doesn't, in of itself, make any more power than a built one. The built one will just take the abuse a lot longer. So a person could just keep upping the boost to the stock shortblock for "hero" runs until it blows up, but it doesn't mean much. Other than you were looking for an excuse to buy a built engine!??!

vortek01gt

JustA2v
Established Member
A built block will handle more power and boost SAFELY, most people dont want to push the stock shortblock past 450hp. With a built block you wont think twice about it. For instance im still running the stock exhaust manifolds, intake and i still have cats in the midpipe, with about 11-12 psi now. If i had a built block it would give room to grow with lt's ported intake cattless mid and like 5 more pounds of boost, cant wait!

musclemustang65

NA again
Established Member
No my 60ft is good, 1.61 as a best. I kinda blur out a lot when racing so I cant tell you what I shift at, even with a steering mounted shift light. But its a stock shortblock so im sure in the back of my mind im either not flooring it or not going to redline. on the dyno my car never leveled off on hp prior to redline so Im essentially shifting before peak hp instead of afterwards.

Users who are viewing this thread