Fake Snakes......opinions?

Scream'nCobra

Cobra:No Substitute
Established Member
That car does look pretty sick. At least he put 94 FOBRA as the plate. Is it a quick car, or all body work? I really like those headlights, im thinking I need to get some smoked lights now.

Wicked4.6DOHC

Rattle Snake
Established Member
its ok fast, he can hang with me! till 3rd then see ya!!!

he can drive his nuts off it went 14.1 with no mods
now its pretty much full bolt-ons and hes got a Exturde honed cobra intake coming(its flows over 300)

postin the midnight oil..
Established Member
Car looks sweet...But those Borla tips just look plain weird.Just my personal opinion though.Props on that set-up and that blue hue looks sick...

Wicked4.6DOHC

Rattle Snake
Established Member
Originally posted by 28 fangs
Car looks sweet...But those Borla tips just look plain weird.Just my personal opinion though.Props on that set-up and that blue hue looks sick...

yea the borla is kinda gay, but he got a deal on them and the car came with glass packs :kaboom: so its a big improvement

96cobrakid

Established Member
I don't like fake ones, but mainly for one reason. I have people tell me mine is fake all the time!!!! It usually comes down to a race, then they come up with a ricer excuse, but it gets annoying. People are really gonna think its fake when I get it back from being painted. Im taking all the badges off of it :)

03cobrablack

Where is the KABOOM ????
Established Member
As long as the guy is up front about it not being a real Cobra and he is not trying to rip someone off by selling it as real then I dont have a problem with it .

postin the midnight oil..
Established Member
I had a guy come up to me once and tell me mine was fake cause it didn't have the Cobra bagde on the front grill ....I was LMAO....lol.....

Lee

Established Member
I don't mind as long they're not trying to pass it off as the real thing, and as long as they know enough to know my 93 and 95 are not fake. It's amazing how many of the "fakers" assume every Cobra they see is a fake.

CANiHaveGasCash

Established Member
I think its pretty stupid. Its even worse when they say mine is a fake because it doesn't say cobra on the bumper, or because it is fast they think it deserves the emblem. does a VW bug with a leather interior deserve a rolls royce emblem? I think not. And a real cobra owner can always spot a fake. also have you noticed how few cobras have cobra R wheels?

95 SVT

Established Member
Funny thing is that some folks thing mine is a "fake snake" because the rear bumper reads MUSTANG, not COBRA, thinking about putting a neon arrow pointing to the SVT emblem, think that would solve any issues? There are plenty of guys around here(Southwest VA) who put the Cobra emblems and Cobra front end on thier cars, my feelings, they know what they've got, I know what I've got.

03 svtvenom

Repent!!!
Established Member
It usually doesnt bother me to much, but there is a guy around here with a 94-95 gt with cobra bumpers, hood, and badges. He takes it to car shows and tells everyone that its a real cobra and the old farts believe him. But then you get these numb nuts who race v6's posing as cobras and win and say they killed a cobra. :bash:

CANiHaveGasCash

Established Member
Originally posted by 95 SVT
Funny thing is that some folks thing mine is a "fake snake" because the rear bumper reads MUSTANG, not COBRA, thinking about putting a neon arrow pointing to the SVT emblem, think that would solve any issues? There are plenty of guys around here(Southwest VA) who put the Cobra emblems and Cobra front end on thier cars, my feelings, they know what they've got, I know what I've got.

\most people don't even know what SVT is. so that just confuses them more. but I love the people who tell me that mine is a fake and then they still won't beleive me when I show them my calipers that clearly say cobra. Ive even had a fellow cobra owner at a show of all places tell my my certificate (which I had framed)was a copy.

94FiveOhCOBRA

*=Boobs Are Awesome=*
Established Member
As long as it is not a V6 to begin with it doesn't really bother me. I have 94 so only distinctive look to mine over a GT is the emblems and wheels/calipers. But it wouldn't bother me that someone would convert theirs to a Cobra...in the end when someone asks them its a real Cobra they'll have to say nope just a GT,etc. Just my .02

Tyler

Last edited:

03CobraBro

Established Member
I mean, all Cobras look awsome so I could see from a point of view why they'ed want to make there's look like one... But, these Cobra posers have such a large cosmetic aftermarket at there finger tips... Why not aim for individuality rather than posing as the more expensive car?

If I had a Mustang GT I'd probably have a roush rear spoiler, an R front fascia, and some sort of aftermarket hood. Why they dont mix it up a bit instead of imitating others I dont know.

GodStang

Established Member
I have a V6 that I was going to put a 351W into so I got a bigger hood and bought a cobra front bumper off my buddies when it was hit. Fixed it and put it on mine. I still have the v6 emblems and the mustang rear bumper. I also will not race anyone so they do not think they beat a cobra.

I just bought a 2001 SVT Cobra and it now pisses me off when these three guys in town have GT side markers and a cobra front emblem. One GT has Cobras all around and GT on the rear.

Mario92

Former Parts Pimp
Established Member
Originally posted by CANiHaveGasCash
\most people don't even know what SVT is. so that just confuses them more. but I love the people who tell me that mine is a fake and then they still won't beleive me when I show them my calipers that clearly say cobra. Ive even had a fellow cobra owner at a show of all places tell my my certificate (which I had framed)was a copy.

The thing I hate the most is when a fellow Cobra owner thinks mine is a fake. For the same exact reasons "Bumper does not say Cobra" "No Cobra in grill" and my number one favorate "Your Spoiler is aftermarket" Hello!!! it's a '95 Cobra. I just tell them to look at my VIN and see the "D" in it? Go research what that "D" represents.

Users who are viewing this thread