Fake Snakes......opinions?

95cbra5o

Established Member
Personally I feel very fortunate to have a real Cobra, but does it bug any of you guys when people try to pass their mustangs off as cobras?

A friend of mine has a 97 gt and over the summer he put on a rr hood, cobra front bumper and cobra rear bumper. He also put cobra badges on it.....

What do you guys think?

Scream'nCobra

Cobra:No Substitute
Established Member
Sort of makes me angry, but ive done it before. I knew i was getting a cobra shortly so i put some shit on my v6 (looked almost exactly like my cobra). I never raced anybody tho, for fear they would believe they could beat a cobra. I always remembered their cars when they tried to race me in v6, so when i see them in the real cobra, they still think its a 6! Boy are they surprised...but back to the topic, i dont like when people do it.

GasAlley

Established Member
I am a firm believer of the statement "I am what I am" Sure you can dress it up to look it but dont try to say you are one. I drive a GT and I shutdown alot of Cobras(pre 03), saleens(na of course)

Its like seeing a Honda with type R stickers... its just as evil...

:burn:

bbp42d

shakin not stirred
Established Member
Originally posted by gunsfan1
imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...but they are still wannabe's and I think it sucks!! :gt:
ditto:bash:

SNK BITN

Established Member
Originally posted by duane v
If its not a Shelby Cobra, its not a real Cobra IMO...I consider my Stang a 4V Stang..DA snake boy!!

tell em duane v :D. Its Neal, pm me your number buddy, I'll update you on what happened with my TKO mess :D

Tommystang

Friggin' Ford Lover
Established Member
Before I got the SVT , I had a Bullitt and it was the same story. Guys on EBAY selling shit that you knew was just bogus, etc.. So unless there is some scamming going on, I say just grin and bear it!

postin the midnight oil..
Established Member
Originally posted by duane v
If its not a Shelby Cobra, its not a real Cobra IMO...I consider my Stang a 4V Stang..DA snake boy!!

An SVT Cobra is a true Cobra...Just because Caroll isn't aboard anymore doesn't mean it isn't.So by what you are saying,should Ferrari rename now that Enzo passed away...?:shrug:

rocket5979

Established Member
So what ur sayin is that I wont be cool if i put my Cobra snake fender emblems in place of the type R emblem on my car??? Bummer.

An even better one than that is when the idiots put like 2 left side or 2 right side snake emblems on their car so one is facing the wrong way. I just have to laugh. I mean if you are faking at least actually try to make it look right. :lol: :lol:

Kind of on the subject...Anyone ever noticed the GT-R emblems on the wall rack when you go into an AutoZone. Man would i have to kick some kids ass if the bought one of those. Of course a FORMER friend actually riced the hell out of his V-6 stang and put a GT-R emblem on the back where GT would normally go. Man first time iseen that i was LMFAO :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:

venomous

snapping like a squirrel
Established Member
There was a guy who'd go to a bunch of shows I went to in southern california when I was stationed there. It was a white 95 gt that was made up like a cobra with the license plate FAKSNAKE. His car was simply amazing and he was totally cool about it. People who do it right don't bother me as much as those people who do a half a#@ job and are a@#es about it. But no matter how much they do to their v-6 or gt, in the end I still have a REAL Cobra and Lightning.

Wicked4.6DOHC

Rattle Snake
Established Member
I t doesnt bother me too much, my buddy just finshed his and god does it look pimp, just look every one who does it wants a cobra :D

dasan.jpg

dasan2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread