Fair price on installing parts

latemodelracer2

Boosted Beyond bolt ons
Established Member
A guy just got a cobra here in town recently and has asked me to install a lower pulley, bap and new clutch cable. I also advised him on asking his tuner what plugs he would like so I can install those. I've done several installs of each of these items over the years but never for money. What Is a fair price to charge? I enjoy working on cars but this will consume a good chunk of my free time one sat.

hotcobra03

Established Member
A guy just got a cobra here in town recently and has asked me to install a lower pulley, bap and new clutch cable. I also advised him on asking his tuner what plugs he would like so I can install those. I've done several installs of each of these items over the years but never for money. What Is a fair price to charge? I enjoy working on cars but this will consume a good chunk of my free time one sat.

i do alot of side work,,,im always way to cheap and charge per what that person is like to me,,,,i like to take my time on side work and enjoy my time doing it,,,i dont do it so much for the money tho it helps,,i enjoy wrenching and learning something new,,

i have them call around for an est, than go off that as to fair,,,

however working on his car and something going wrong could be ugly,

j-tan

Established Member
The lower pulley can be a pain in butt. I would charge at least 4 to 5 hours of work. 50 an hour is very fair, but you can charge less.

Users who are viewing this thread