Factory oil pan

D.T.R

Established Member
Hey guys, i'm getting ready to drop the aluminator in the car, but first i need to get the oil pan tapped for the turbos. Does the oil pan use a plastic gasket, or am I supposed to make a new gasket with gasket maker, like on most imports? Also, in the event that it has a plastic gasket, is it reusable or should i order a new one?

Thanks for the input.

D.T.R

Established Member
Seeing how everything is brand new on that motor, including the gasket, would it be ok to re use it?

hopony

Established Member
P/n br3z6710 48.00 can have it tommorow if you want a new one. I would say it would be ok to reuse but considering the the low cost and how much money an engine and a turbo costs I would replace it.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
I would replace it as well. Chances are, the factory one would still seal up just fine but the extra aggravation of replacing it when the motor is in the car would be worth $50 and the peace of mind I think.

CPRsm

Take a razor and put it flat across the block in four spots to cut the rtv that holds the gasket. Two spots in front, two in rear.

D.T.R

Established Member
I would replace it as well. Chances are, the factory one would still seal up just fine but the extra aggravation of replacing it when the motor is in the car would be worth $50 and the peace of mind I think.
I think i'm going to gamble a little bit on this one :D
Take a razor and put it flat across the block in four spots to cut the rtv that holds the gasket. Two spots in front, two in rear.

That's what i was thinking... since same thing i have to do on the Honda for the gasket maker to seal up properly.

D.T.R

Established Member
While we are at it, any of you guys know how many ftlbs these bolts are torqued down to?

Eric@jpc

Established Member
When you put it back together make sure to add i bit of RTV. Put a Dab where the front cover is and the rear cover otherwise it will leak

Good luck

shortstop

Established Member
The gasket is part of the windage tray that fits between the engine block and oil pan the windage tray and gasket is a one piece unit and is reusable . Critical is to put a dab of sensor safe sealer at the engine block/front chain cover junction or it will leak , that is a given . Put the dab of sealer in the same spot that the factory used :beer:

D.T.R

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread