Factory Five Long Travel Pre-Runner Kit xt1 (Based on current F150)

andymarkv

Established Member
Pretty cool! Interesting to see them branch out in this direction. Always thought it would be cool to daily a long travel truck.
Although...my trucks never see more then wet grass...so it'd be a waste on me.
XT-1 Pre-Runner Truck - Factory Five Racing
XT1 Outdoor Gallery - Factory Five Racing

R5_11121-1536x852.jpg

FFR_3993-1536x1024.jpg

jummptruck9-300x176.jpg

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Give it a minute & some YouTuber will be running one off a cliff and we'll get some durability data.

It's basically a tube frame raptor with +1.5" width.

16/20 F/R travel, no cage, no specs on the fox shocks. It's more like a "street runner".

MinGrey02Stg2

Established Member
Considering an SVC mid travel kit is like $18k and you still need to buy front fenders/bed sides, etc etc, this is actually a pretty good deal. That frame is stout. I'd love to see someone test this against an SVC truck.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Considering an SVC mid travel kit is like $18k and you still need to buy front fenders/bed sides, etc etc, this is actually a pretty good deal. That frame is stout. I'd love to see someone test this against an SVC truck.

What the **** is a SVC.

Go checkout Dirtking, Camburg Racing, Mazulla, Izzy Fab, Total Chaos, Blitzkrieg etc.

Not sure what this Fact5 truck is offering.

4 link rear, +1.5" front. But stock cab and I'm not seeing the shock specs, bump stops, bypasses, hubs, brakes, axle housings ext.

A single King 4.5" Double Bypass is $2,800.

blk02edge

Established Member
What the **** is a SVC.

Go checkout Dirtking, Camburg Racing, Mazulla, Izzy Fab, Total Chaos, Blitzkrieg etc.

Not sure what this Fact5 truck is offering.

4 link rear, +1.5" front. But stock cab and I'm not seeing the shock specs, bump stops, bypasses, hubs, brakes, axle housings ext.

A single King 4.5" Double Bypass is $2,800.

You can spec whatever shock you want. It's sort of the way to go, buy the chassis, have a full cab and do what you want to it. It'll be superior to all the factory framed trucks no doubt. As far as "budget" prerunners go anyway.

If someone has retard money they'll go to Kibbetech.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
You can spec whatever shock you want. It's sort of the way to go, buy the chassis, have a full cab and do what you want to it. It'll be superior to all the factory framed trucks no doubt. As far as "budget" prerunners go anyway.

If someone has retard money they'll go to Kibbetech.

Still not getting it.

If someone going 4-link rear, they are likely chopping off much of the rear chassis. Then they are going to be doing a engine cage and interior cage that ties the frames all together.

I've never seen someone go "wow, this Ford Frame sucks, I wish I could swap frames!"

By the time you're that far into it, you're doing Trophy trucks shit with center mount A-Arms, Rear Cooling and moving the engine back 12-14 inches.

This just reminds me of the custom frames the OBS guys use for lowered street trucks. I'm sure it handles great on road, but I don't see how it's moving you forward for off-road Pre-Running.

blk02edge

Established Member
Still not getting it.

If someone going 4-link rear, they are likely chopping off much of the rear chassis. Then they are going to be doing a engine cage and interior cage that ties the frames all together.

I've never seen someone go "wow, this Ford Frame sucks, I wish I could swap frames!"

By the time you're that far into it, you're doing Trophy trucks shit with center mount A-Arms, Rear Cooling and moving the engine back 12-14 inches.

This just reminds me of the custom frames the OBS guys use for lowered street trucks. I'm sure it handles great on road, but I don't see how it's moving you forward for off-road Pre-Running.
This provides a much cheaper starting point than any of those prerunner shops. Lots of guys don't run cages in prerunners either... I think you are over estimating what a prerunner is. It's just a truck to go from A to B either spotting for an actual race truck or just some dude going out for some basic fun.

Easy to tie a cage into that too if you want to go that route. Having built a 4 linked "prerunner" I'd way rather buy this chassis than screw with a shit factory frame.

This is not a race truck, nor will it ever be but it provides another economical route that's likely waaay better than a Raptor/TRX for the money

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
This provides a much cheaper starting point than any of those prerunner shops. Lots of guys don't run cages in prerunners either... I think you are over estimating what a prerunner is. It's just a truck to go from A to B either spotting for an actual race truck or just some dude going out for some basic fun.

Easy to tie a cage into that too if you want to go that route. Having built a 4 linked "prerunner" I'd way rather buy this chassis than screw with a shit factory frame.

This is not a race truck, nor will it ever be but it provides another economical route that's likely waaay better than a Raptor/TRX for the money

Disagree.

I don't see the frames being the issue on a truck that can't be pushed hard enought to not need a cage.

If you just want a street runner, grab a $5k front long travel kit, $1k deavers, some coilovers and bump stops. Can you easily hit $20k yuppp.

But you'll be done and on this thing you not even started.

blk02edge

Established Member
Disagree.

I don't see the frames being the issue on a truck that can't be pushed hard enought to not need a cage.

If you just want a street runner, grab a $5k front long travel kit, $1k deavers, some coilovers and bump stops. Can you easily hit $20k yuppp.

But you'll be done and on this thing you not even started.
Welp, you can think what you want but a 4 link doesn't even remotely mean your turning into "trophy truck shit" my truck is a stock framed 4 link rear 4x4 A arm front and while far from a real race truck, the 4 link provides so many beautiful benefits.

Now... I wish I had a better frame to start on as a play toy street legal long travel truck.

You're over thinking this, and I say that with absolute certainty

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Welp, you can think what you want but a 4 link doesn't even remotely mean your turning into "trophy truck shit" my truck is a stock framed 4 link rear 4x4 A arm front and while far from a real race truck, the 4 link provides so many beautiful benefits.

Now... I wish I had a better frame to start on as a play toy street legal long travel truck.

You're over thinking this, and I say that with absolute certainty

I'm not over thinking shit. At the point that your frame is a week point you are moving fast enough you better have a cage.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
If this was for frame rot Tacoma and Tundras I could get it. But for a +40k late model F150, no comprehend.

andymarkv

Established Member
If this was for frame rot Tacoma and Tundras I could get it. But for a +40k late model F150, no comprehend.
Factory Five's whole premise was using a "donor" vehicle. There are a shit ton of totaled 15-20 F150's on Copart right now, but I'm not sure what they're actually selling for.

This guy got a early edition and is putting it together at home in his garage.
Factory 5 XT1 Pre-runner build - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

It definitely won't be cheap... Talk to any guy that built a Kit Cobra really well and the nickel/dime stuff will crush a budget pretty quick.

Using the complete F150 wiring harness and keeping the CAN bus happy could have its own nightmares...

But I sure wanna watch SOMEONE ELSE do it!! lol

blk02edge

Established Member
Absolutely nobody is doing this with their perfectly good F150. It's for people that want to build a prerunner and can use donor trucks from a wreck yard. So much better of an option than buying a good truck and taking it to a shop to spend 3x as much.

andymarkv

Established Member
This guy built the first one in his garage. He kind of went with a "street" setup, which is a little odd considering what it is designed for.
I like the concept, but being significantly wider than a Raptor, not sure how well it will function on, or off, the road? Wide roads and wide highspeed trails I suppose.
This guy is just figuring out the YT thing and isn't as polished as some, so you may want to skip around vs. watching straight through.

Users who are viewing this thread