Factory brembo brake package?

Modenausa

Established Member
I currenty own a 04 cobra which i love, but like many others I'm looking to buy a new 5.0. Havnt even test drove one yet but anything with high horsepower I want good stopping power as well. Those of you who know or own a 2013 and up brembo 5.0... Can u answer me this. Are the brembos only in the front or are they all corners? Can't tell from the pictures nor do I see anything on the ford website.

Modenausa

Established Member
Thanks for the quick response..so does that mean regular brakes out back like any other gt? Worth the upgrade in price?

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
Thanks for the quick response..so does that mean regular brakes out back like any other gt? Worth the upgrade in price?

rear brakes are not that import. they make a difference. besides they look way better and come with nicer wheels.

bryantaylor

Established Member
upfront only, rear pads are supposed to be a different compound though. but the base brakes are decent, i have autocrossed on mine with 20's and they didn't fade at all.

5ohpowa

Established Member
I've had both a '13 & a '12 gt one brembo one without And I can honestly say it doesn't stop much better, however it definitely doesn't have the brake fade the standard brakes have when taking a beating. I wanted the package this time for the big brake look and factory wheels.

SCalla1384

Established Member
I will say, the factory brakes are an upgrade I over the cobras. My dad has a Mach 1, same brakes as the termi. And my car (13 GT) definitely stops better. They haul you down. Can't say anything about the brembos since I haven't driven one with them.

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
So your looking for a '13+?

The Brembo brake package comes with:

-Front: 14" Brembo® vented rotors with Brembo® 4-piston calipers
-Rear: 11.8" vented rotors
-Unique electronic stability Control® (ESC) tuning
-19" X 9.0 dark stainless painted aluminum wheels with 255/40R19 summer-only tires
-Tire mobility kit replaces spare tire
-Aggressive suspension tuning

Get the track pack it includes brembo brake pkg

Available only on manual GT Mustangs with a 3.73 axle, the package gives track enthusiasts an engine cooler, upgraded radiator, performance friction brake pads and the same Torsen® differential that's on Mustang Boss 302. The package includes everything in the current Brembo™ Brake Package, with 14-inch vented front discs, unique 19-inch alloy wheels and summer performance tires.

The suspension difference is huge between these and a stripped down GT

I drove a stripped GT and was not impressed with the driving characteristics. I almost crossed 5.0 off my list of potential cars after driving it....then I drove a track pack car(the very same in my sig) and it was like driving a different car. At least test drive one with the track pack/brembo if you haven't driven a 5.0 before. Some other guy on here was comparing a stripped down GT to a 2SS. That's selling the 5.0 short for sure. Well good luck with your car search:beer:

EDIT: my car is equipped with the track pack, I did full braking from 130-45. They work pretty good but I've found myself going faster than I thought making it seem like the brakes were inadequate. From what I understand the brembos r slightly better against fade, but a nominal amount over regular brakes.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread