Fabbed5.0 Custom Turbo build thread and a story. (Dyno inside)

Fabbed5.0

Established Member
Stupid Multiquote button isn't working. sooooooo

Brianh87: As great as it would be to do fab work full time, I gotta look at my future. Do i really want to be welding and fab at 50+ years old, plus the toll it takes on your body. I enjoy fabbing and welding a lot but I want to keep it my hobby. Thanks for the kind words.

ArtVandalay16: Thank you

Lethal03cobra: Thank you, Ive been having a blast with the car so far, deff needs some drag radials for the street tho.

Mastwolf: Thanks buddy, whens the next time your hitting the track?

AFGuy0127: Thanks for the compliment man :)

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Congrats on the build. There are a lot of Turbo and TT guys in this area now, so track days should be fun to watch.

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
Kit looks amazing, nice work!

Can't wait to have boost in mine. Should be fun next year at the NMRA opener in Bradenton :rockon:

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
^ I wasn't patient enough to see how the cpr single worked on a stick car before making my decision. Good luck with it signal!!

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
I appreciate it good sir! Hope those twins fulfill your needs! They put out some good power for sure! :rockon: gonna stay with the stick?

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
That was nice welding! Makes me wish I had taken welding shop class in HS :)

Fabbed5.0

Established Member
Kit looks amazing, nice work!

Can't wait to have boost in mine. Should be fun next year at the NMRA opener in Bradenton :rockon:

Gonna be a great time at the track.

That was nice welding! Makes me wish I had taken welding shop class in HS :)

Hell I wish my high school had welding class, if it would of I don't know if I would of gone to any of my other classes lol.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
RST or RXT? Based on our talk I thought you were going big nasty RXT! RST=full face organic, RXT=cerametallic puck

Fabbed5.0

Established Member
Hm, tough call. Peace of mind is a good thing..

Yea it is. Collin is pretty busy with the firehouse so I might try to see if the Trans can hold up untouched. I'm actually really curious if it is the factory clutch that causes the Fork sliders to fail since it won't release all the way and you have to force it in. With a good clutch I think it might live longer, kind of like how Ryan's Trans is still alive.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
For sure. He's not making big power though so who knows... only one way to find out!

Users who are viewing this thread