F1x vs turbo

oneboredguy

Established Member
Does anybody have an experience with an F1x blower on a 4v? Been planning on going turbo but I hear these things with the gear drive are monsters.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I had an F1A on a big bore stroker. I looked at going turbo, but I already had everything for the blower. It was a fun combo.

32vApe

Not Fast Enough
Established Member
An f1x is a 1500hp blower. Gear drives require a mid plate/motor plate engine mounting setup. What's the power goal?

oneboredguy

Established Member
I'm building the short block to handle 1500. I had my mind set on a big single but recently saw what an f1x blower is capable of.

01yellercobra

Established Member
What are your plans for the car? As good as the F1 series is a turbo will get you to big power easier.

SLPCobra

Established Member
A gear drive f1x would sound nuts coming down the road haha.
But I'm not sure how street friendly compared to a turbo that setup would be

01yellercobra

Established Member
I would go with the turbo. You can turn it down for the street and then set it on kill for the track.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
An f1x is a 1500hp blower. Gear drives require a mid plate/motor plate engine mounting setup. What's the power goal?

This blower when Banned in X275 a few years back when Rich Bruder was cleaning clocks. And yes some big Mods required to get this blower to perform on a 4V an F1A would be more prudent OR a Precision 76..

Geno-04

Established Member
This blower when Banned in X275 a few years back when Rich Bruder was cleaning clocks. And yes some big Mods required to get this blower to perform on a 4V an F1A would be more prudent OR a Precision 76..

Funny you mention the bruder brothers...I went to school with nick bruder and grew up down the street from them.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Funny you mention the bruder brothers...I went to school with nick bruder and grew up down the street from them.

Rich is at the top of the heap in X275 running 4.30's/160's which is insane thanks to Nick's great tuning,plus having Disomma power.

Users who are viewing this thread