F1A to F1X

vadorsnake04

Established Member
Just for future reference. Will the f1x bolt up to the same bracket as my f1a? The reason I ask is because I've got a feeling I'm going max this f1a out earlier then I thought and the f1x would not get maxed so easily. I'm not changing blowers anytime soon though.

coposrv

Established Member
holy combos man. I think its safe to say you have tried them all. I have read the f1r is being replaced by the f1x and from what I have been told its a much larger blower physically. Its may take some fab work. pm dan schoneck on here im sure he would know.

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
It will fit the bracket, but the depth and circumference of the blower is larger so your engine bay may not allow it. Also, you need more cubes and n/a power to spin that bad boy. A f1x will work with mod motors but more cubes and compression are needed, a f1c is the next best step up and only costs 5xx dollars to upgrade your f1a to a f1c. I would say though that if you're maxing out your f1a you have other areas in the motor to address flow wise.

vadorsnake04

Established Member
It will fit the bracket, but the depth and circumference of the blower is larger so your engine bay may not allow it. Also, you need more cubes and n/a power to spin that bad boy. A f1x will work with mod motors but more cubes and compression are needed, a f1c is the next best step up and only costs 5xx dollars to upgrade your f1a to a f1c. I would say though that if you're maxing out your f1a you have other areas in the motor to address flow wise.

What do you mean other areas to address motor wise? The way I look at it, my motor is flowing good enough, and enough cubes to where the f1a won't make as much boost as I want.

Last edited:

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
What do you mean other areas to address motor wise? The way I look at it, my motor is flowing good enough, and enough cubes to where the f1a won't make as much boost as I want.

meaning head work, cams, intake work, exhaust combos etc. if you're making 25 psi or more with the f1a and not making right at or above 900rwhp there are restrictions in the motor imo. I am addressing this on my combo right now with my catback- as I am pushing 23 psi at 6300 rpm (makes 772rwhp on 93 pump despite what my sig says) but my catback is holding me back a little- and my cams are not getting their chance to shine due to the intake config as well. that's the type of stuff I'm talking about. the f1c is awesome but with more boost applied to achieve power the more heat will be produced as well (I know you know this, just stating in case anyone else is reading).

vadorsnake04

Established Member
Makes sense but, if I'm only able to make 23psi with an F1A then that would mean things are flowing pretty well. But right now I'm rebuilding my shortblock. Doing a big bore 9.5:1 teksid build. Already have ported heads, custom ground cams for my setup. I run a 01 cobra intake with a billet 1" spacer, the next step for me before that blower would be to shorten and port my intake and also mill my upper of my intake to use an accufab single blade tb.

Also, my guess right now with my new motor setup is I should be between 725-750 at 16-18psi on pump gas and 900+ with 23-24psi and race gas.

Last edited:

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
Makes sense but, if I'm only able to make 23psi with an F1A then that would mean things are flowing pretty well. But right now I'm rebuilding my shortblock. Doing a big bore 9.5:1 teksid build. Already have ported heads, custom ground cams for my setup. I run a 01 cobra intake with a billet 1" spacer, the next step for me before that blower would be to shorten and port my intake and also mill my upper of my intake to use an accufab single blade tb.

Also, my guess right now with my new motor setup is I should be between 725-750 at 16-18psi on pump gas and 900+ with 23-24psi and race gas.

sounds good, good luck with it

vadorsnake04

Established Member
That's what it looked like. The only issue for me would be the size of the inlet, not a big deal though. Just .25 dif.

westray

0563 SVT
Established Member
Hey Blake just so you know I was having problems with my F1a also. I ended up doing different cams and it fixed my problem. When I went to the dyno I made 21lbs on a 8.9:1 teksid bored .20. I made 802 on e85. Now I do have a different intake and piping system tho so that could make a diffferance.

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
Hey Blake just so you know I was having problems with my F1a also. I ended up doing different cams and it fixed my problem. When I went to the dyno I made 21lbs on a 8.9:1 teksid bored .20. I made 802 on e85. Now I do have a different intake and piping system tho so that could make a diffferance.

what did you change cam wise? I have a feeling mine are way too big for my intake setup.

westray

0563 SVT
Established Member
what did you change cam wise? I have a feeling mine are way too big for my intake setup.

I had to go from Crower stage 3 cams to some custom crower cams. I dont have the specs of the new cams handy but it made a huge difference with the power and the driveablity in traffic. I believe if i remember right I made 60rwhp more with the new cams without changing anything else.

What intake setup do you run? I run the sullivan upper and lower intake

Last edited:

slvr35th

Established Member
i love these numbers im hearing, im running a -2.1 dish piston spinning my F1A at damn near 74K on e-85 p&p heads larger valves with stage 2 comps and p&p lower intake!! should be some awesome numbers!!

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
I had to go from Crower stage 3 cams to some custom crower cams. I dont have the specs of the new cams handy but it made a huge difference with the power and the driveablity in traffic. I believe if i remember right I made 60rwhp more with the new cams without changing anything else.

What intake setup do you run? I run the sullivan upper and lower intake

96-98 cobra short runner intake. my cams are 241/241 @ .050" with .530 lift. problem is the cams should really open up around 7500rpm but my intake is done making power around 6800 rpm.

vadorsnake04

Established Member
96-98 cobra short runner intake. my cams are 241/241 @ .050" with .530 lift. problem is the cams should really open up around 7500rpm but my intake is done making power around 6800 rpm.

That is the problem if you are looking for high rpm power. I actually have mine setup with a billet 1" spacer between lower and upper intake, also advancing my cams to bring the power in earlier which is how I want it.

Users who are viewing this thread