F1a Cobra vs. H/C/I LS1

03zincyellowsvt

Established Member
I ran my buddies T/a last night

his mods are heads, cam, fast intake, weight reduction deleted hvac racing seats etc.

my mods are
f1a procharger, lt headers, 4.10s and 100 octane fuel.

round 1
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d494zyFV2SI&feature=channel_video_title"]‪F1a Procharged Cobra vs H/C Ls1 round 1‬‏ - YouTube[/nomedia]

round2

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdq5iCpak8k&feature=channel_video_title"]‪F1A Procharged 03 Cobra vs H/C LS1 Trans Am‬‏ - YouTube[/nomedia]

round 3

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3aYd_gJ63k&feature=channel_video_title"]‪F1A Procharged Cobra vs H/C Ls1 Trans am round 3‬‏ - YouTube[/nomedia]

yes i know i have a headlight out, they have been acting up and new ones are on the way. hes gonna get a bottle and we're gonna run again:beer:

Blackedout

Established Member
Nice runs... Think he's going to need move... Any track times this year ??

03zincyellowsvt

Established Member
No track times this year yet ive just been driving around enjoying it before i got try and break it lol. believe it or not that was the first time ive even run it into 4th this year, theres just not many places to do it and the tickets etc. are no fun unless your gonna be taking someone else with you lol

blake_colvin

Established Member
Car seems like it was moving out nicely for 640whp. Sounded amazing too.

Intrested to know what the H,C,I T/A put down though had to be around 470whp at around 3250lbs to put up such a small fight

SlwSVT

Established Member
100 Octane and 23#s of boost=640rwhp? I would think you have way way more in the tune that needs to be unleashed.

Last edited:

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
slwsvt what fuel system does your car have? Do you have a complete mod list of supporting mods for the power you have?

03zincyellowsvt

Established Member
100 Octane and 23#s of boost=640rwhp. I would think you have way way more in the tune that needs to be unleashed.

the tune is good, but i think there is something else off. at first i thought the stock 01 intake and tb was restricting it, but i think it might be possible that the cams are off. i had the dealership warranty the cylinder heads cuz the valve seals and guides were bad and i dont think they did it right. i wont find that out until the end of the season. i think ill do a compression test just to make sure things are alright.

SlwSVT

Established Member
the tune is good, but i think there is something else off. at first i thought the stock 01 intake and tb was restricting it, but i think it might be possible that the cams are off. i had the dealership warranty the cylinder heads cuz the valve seals and guides were bad and i dont think they did it right. i wont find that out until the end of the season. i think ill do a compression test just to make sure things are alright.
I had a 01 Cobra a few years back with a forged motor and supporting mods. With a Novi2k and 20#s we made 720rwhp. Hope you get it figured out and its not to costly. An extra 100rwhp on top is going to rip!

03zincyellowsvt

Established Member
I had a 01 Cobra a few years back with a forged motor and supporting mods. With a Novi2k and 20#s we made 720rwhp. Hope you get it figured out and its not to costly. An extra 100rwhp on top is going to rip!

ill get it figured out, im just enjoying it right now i had a bunch of issues last year and was only able to drive it like 1/3 of the summer. this off season ill tear into it, and get a new intake but if im gonna go through the trouble of making sure the cams are degreed i might as well put different ones in :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread