F1A and Hi Compression

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
Sprayed_Pony said:
okay sure, I don't internet argue at all, nor am I obligate to prove anything to you. Believe what you'd like to believe. Its been done and that particular customers' car has been running for quite sometime without any issues.

I'm not trying to call you a liar in particular or really for the matter argue, that's childish. I'm just saying I don't see how it is mechanically possible to run a car like that for any period of time with any sort of timing given the previous specs of the cars setup. That is all, props to the car, that wouldn't be the route I would have went is what i'm going to leave this at.:beer:

However I still havn't been told how much timing the car was running and i'm curious to know that.

Last edited:

J's98Snake

Established Member
I agree with sprayed pony, and what you are all missing from his post is what he said about the timing.

93 octane and a mild street tune = without a lot of timing
race gas tune with timing = let the big dog eat

I friend of mine has a car (97 cobra) with 9.5:1 and 25 psi. He has a big IC, but still street tune (93) Vs race tune (race gas) is all about timing. I also have multiple tunes and the diff between 93 and race gas is the timing;)

J's98Snake

Established Member
spyder1337 said:
However I still havn't been told how much timing the car was running and i'm curious to know that.

My old set-up before I got the meth was 16* on 93 and the aftercooler and 22* on 111

I run 21* with the meth...if memory serves me correctly:banana:

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
I'm looking at 18* or so with 93 and alot more with 110 in the tank. My car went on the dyno today and one of the injectors was dead :(

04torchred

Established Member
If you keep the boost moderate and the timing a bit conservative for a pump gas tune I say run the compression 9.5-10.0:1(probably stay around 9.5). You have a tiny motor and compression will help give it some low end grunt.

Then run good gas and let it friggin eat with 22psi. It will make power for sure!

Is the motor you have now(10:1) compression built? Forged rods and pistons.

Last edited:

gmcconn1

Established Member
Yes. It has forged Manley pistons and rods with a SHM main girdle. The crank is basically a stock cobra that was cleaned up.

Users who are viewing this thread