F1A and Hi Compression

gmcconn1

Established Member
I am thinking about upgrading my blower to an F1A and using it in a motor that has 10:1 compression. I know this is high for a boosted motor so I plan to add a meth injection kit. Anyone have experience with boosted hi compression combos? Any comments would welcomed.....

JAILBAIT

Currently under pressure
Established Member
Are you going to be street driving this car? How much boost are you planning on running? Are you going to be running an intercooler and meth?

mystical

Established Member
You would want to talk to your tuner about that. With the high compression, you won't be able to run as much timing if you're running pump gas, however, you won't have to run as much boost as a lower comp motor will need to make equal power. Do you plan on running pump or race gas?

gmcconn1

Established Member
I will run a sheet metal intercooler. I was looking at the meth injection more for the octane boost. I want to run street fuel which is 93 octane where I live. I am thinking somewhere around 20 lbs of boost?

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
20lbs on a f1 with high compression on pump gas will be like the 4th of july under your hood man. Race gas you could have a sick setup but without a meth kit or race fuel.. death to the rods and pistons.

type911

Heave To....
Established Member
I was running 11 psi on 9.85:1 with meth/water injection at 21degrees. Not a hint of det.

I am now running 15 psi with meth/water inj and no det. I lowered timing to 16 degrees up top untill I can get it on the dyno and tuned properly. I don't anticipate any problems though.

Mean Green GT

Panama City Gang
Established Member
LOL 11lbs is way differant than 20lbs.. Especially when were talking about compression.

OMG I really hope your not gonna do it. Your gonna tank that engine. I would honestly, on pump Gas not run more than 8-11lbs.

Last edited:

gmcconn1

Established Member
I am running 12 lbs of boost now with an intercooler and no meth and have not had any problems/detonation which was why I was asking. I am getting the impression that everyone thinks it's a bad idea. I guess if I try it, I will wait 'til the 4th of July :)

Thanks!

JAILBAIT

Currently under pressure
Established Member
Unfortunately everyone is correct. Unless you plan on running race gas all the time, you can't run that much boost. Invest in some pistons, thats your saving grace!

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
Just make sure you have it all on camera when you decide to do a WOT pull on pump gas at 20psi lol! That would be .. told you so video.

NXSVTCOBRA

ppl that have no knowledge of what they are talking about kills me. With an intercooler, and 93 octane you could tune the car to run right, we have a 4v out with flattops 10.7:1 running a big s/c at 22psi on pump gas, When you want to race the car run race gas and bump the timing up for more power but it will run and be very resposive.

To answer your question yes it is highly possible.

what motor combination do you have?

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
Sprayed_Pony said:
ppl that have no knowledge of what they are talking about kills me. With an intercooler, and 93 octane you could tune the car to run right, we have a 4v out with flattops 10.7:1 running a big s/c at 22psi on pump gas, When you want to race the car run race gas and bump the timing up for more power but it will run and be very resposive.

To answer your question yes it is highly possible.

what motor combination do you have?

:bs:

No way in hell is that car running 22 psi with any sort of timing on pump gas, if it is it's only a matter of time before the thing blows up like a firecracker. There is a reason why that combo isn't very common.. take a wild guess why.

Cobra925

MAXIMAL SVT POSTER
Established Member
spyder1337 said:

No way in hell is that car running 22 psi with any sort of timing on pump gas, if it is it's only a matter of time before the thing blows up like a firecracker. There is a reason why that combo isn't very common.. take a wild guess why.
I Agree with you man
22psi + High compression + Pump gas = BOOOMM!!! :nono:

gmcconn1

Established Member
I have a forged bottom end with stock dimensions (no stroker) and .020 over pistons. Heads have stock valve train components (I plan to upgrade valves and springs) and a port/valve job by Livernois. I would like to keep the stock electronics for cost and simplicity but would upgrade to an Accel or FAST system if necessary.

While I value all opinions, I really appreciate the ones from people who have actually tried it (with good or bad results).

My tuner is one of the best out there in my opinion and has been in the business since the 50's. He says it is a workable combo that would be killer on race gas. My question was mostly pertaining to meth injection as I have been told it works quite well as an octane booster.

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
Honestly it's either meth or race gas. Meth allows you to run pump and get the same results as race gas but with the worry of possibly killing everything good in your motor. I was going to go that route but decided to just have a nice pump gas tune and then have a crazy race gas tune that I wouldn't have to worry about.

NXSVTCOBRA

spyder1337 said:

okay sure, I don't internet argue at all, nor am I obligate to prove anything to you. Believe what you'd like to believe. Its been done and that particular customers' car has been running for quite sometime without any issues.

Users who are viewing this thread