F150 Ecoboost tune

94_Vert

Established Member
This is awesome, 90hp from a 93 oct tune. These ecoboost F150's are looking better and better.

uploadfromtaptalk1406040868029.jpg

Andrew03Mach

Established Member
My dad recently bought a F150 with the 5.0 which I really like. If I was in the market for a truck right now, I would strongly consider getting one with the EB.

03cobraracer

Established Member
I want a new f150 so bad, with possibly a ecoboost setup. But I would just feel crappy voiding my warranty with a tune lol. Already did that with the cobra when it was new.

TermiInJax

Established Member
The EcoBoost motor is the real deal and responds to tunes and mods almost as good as a diesel. I absolutely love mine and enjoy picking on all other brand 1/2 ton trucks on the road 450 hp and 500+ ft lbs to the wheels changes some peoples minds about a little old v6!

Last edited:

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
LOL at diablosport claiming those kind of gains.

OP, put the reefer down and do more research please. Look up Livernois and MPT. Those are the tuners for EBs and are much better options for tuning. That diablosport "canned" tune won't come close.

I love how they took a stock Ford promo photo and photoshopped a banner on the windshield.

deepsouthtech

Established Member
I second the Livernois tune. With just the 87 tow it is night and day from stock and the 93 tow is night and day from the 87 tune.

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
The main thing that worries me about the ecoboost, I can get past the horrible non truck like exhaust note, is the maintenance/repair cost/durability once the miles start racking up.

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor

OP, put the reefer down and do more research please. Look up Livernois and MPT. Those are the tuners for EBs and are much better options for tuning. That diablosport "canned" tune won't come close.

I love how they took a stock Ford promo photo and photoshopped a banner on the windshield.
I would strongly urge you to sit back and wait for feedback on our tunes before calling BS. The gains are legit, and repeatable from truck to truck.

2 of our local Beta testers were running multiple tunes from the guys who are the go to EcoBoost tuners, and none of them wanted to go back to those tunes when they got their trucks back from us.

We spent the time and did it right, and the results will speak for themselves :)

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
EcoBoost engines are basically like diesels. You can add substantial performance from just a tune.

Pretty sure it has more to do with F/I than diesel fuel.

Now, if they could hold up to the same power numbers as a diesel (based on percentage of increase over stock), then that's a stout motor.

94_Vert

Established Member
I am well acquainted with diablosport. Used them on my srt4 and now my 5.0. They have a dyno sheet listed on their site that shows gains, not sure what else you want them to show.
Honestly, who cares if they photo-shopped a pic for a marketing email. :shrug:

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
I would strongly urge you to sit back and wait for feedback on our tunes before calling BS. The gains are legit, and repeatable from truck to truck.

2 of our local Beta testers were running multiple tunes from the guys who are the go to EcoBoost tuners, and none of them wanted to go back to those tunes when they got their trucks back from us.

We spent the time and did it right, and the results will speak for themselves :)

I will sit back and wait. I do know that my 5.0 didn't gain near the numbers claimed when I tested the preloaded tunes for the short time I had an inTune.

TermiInJax

Established Member
I have used 4 different tuners for my EcoBoost F150 and have had the best experience with Torrie@Unleashed. He always responds to request and logs very promptly and makes revisions long after the sale. With his legendary status in the Viper and Ford GT world, I'm very confident in his abilities with my truck.

Last edited:

Jefe

Established Member
Voids the warranty? :rolleyes: Would love to get my Dads tuned but he wont risk that

Users who are viewing this thread