F/S 1993 Teal Cobra w/ sunroof

Kevins89notch

Established Member
03SonicBlueL said:
Actually Ford did a really good job on the sunroof. The only thing that has a SMALL amount of rust on, is the metal ring around the actuall piece of glass. The car itself has NO rust where the sunroof is..... It is stamped and also has two drain tubes and it has no leaks whatsoever.

Yeah, but if one of those brain tubes gets a little rock in it, or some leaves...

Here's a pic of a 93 I had about 2 years ago

ever.jpg

The car was freakin' spotless. It was a nothern car, but due to low miles and storage during winters, it was rust free. EXCEPT for the rust under the sunroof. YOu had to remove the sunroof to see it, but there was some rust about half the size of a dime. Here's some pics of a friends car, and his comments:

Pics of the one we cut off my sisters car.

pa100018.jpg

pa100017.jpg

pa100016.jpg

And here's why. It's bare metal where they sandwich the two peices together. It rusts from the inside out. Easily prevented if they had the forethought to just coat the underside where it's put together.

pa100015.jpg

pa100014.jpg

T top cars are not immune either. They put a peice of bare metal under this strip and pop rivet the top to it for support :(

pa100019.jpg

pa100020.jpg

red93cobra

Banned
03SonicBlueL said:
The only thing that has a SMALL amount of rust on, is the metal ring around the actuall piece of glass. The car itself has NO rust where the sunroof is..... It is stamped and also has two drain tubes and it has no leaks whatsoever.

My 93 #908 was the exact same way...small bit of rust on the metal trim ring around the glass...none anywhere else.

red93cobra

Banned
BADBOYSPACK said:
Awwwww, Red Car ,black Interior !

If you're talking about the one in my sig(#1159), that was my second red/black cobra, and 3rd 93 overall. That one was a nice one, and i deeply regret selling it.

Last edited by a moderator:

red93cobra

Banned
I had 908 in the paint shop, and I bought 1181 for 8500 with 135k miles. It was a nice car, but I got it on the rack and noticed a bit of rust underneath, so I sold it. I bought 1159 later from my friend. I never thought he would sell it, and always wanted that car, so when it came available, I did what I had to do to get it. I sold it too cheap (10k), and regret it ever since. I did buy a house with the money though, and it's appreciated over 100k in a year, so i guess it wasn't such a bad decision. Still sucks though. I miss that car. I will only buy a red/black one....maybe a black/black if it was super clean and a great deal.

BADBOYSPACK

Ford Tech
Established Member
Good Luck On Your Search. I Want To Find A Red Car With Black Interior With About 50k Or So. I Might Trade Car For Car

green 02 grizzl

Established Member
I got the rust on the trim on the sunroof too. Have you guys done anything to correct it?
Can you buy just the trim piece from anywhere?

zspanker

Established Member
i will be ready to buy in the spring,about April. and this is about 5 months early.... send me a pm if you still have it in the spring... no b/s

Users who are viewing this thread