F/I guys, do I need two oil separators?

Gpcalero

Cuz Racecar
Established Member
I put a jlt on my passenger side and my installer got mad when he saw it. Said that the TVS likes a Lil lubrication and told me definitely don't put one on the drivers side that it's pointless to, not my words just passing along

Hmmm....but the oil can't be good in the intercooler/combustion chamber...

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
My tuner/engine builder/parts salesman told me they're unnessisary. I'm making 750whp + and he's making around 850whp on his car with Boost & Nitrous... I think they clutter up the engine bay myself...

Gpcalero

Cuz Racecar
Established Member
oil in the combustion chamber causes detonation.. detonation causes cracked pistons..

IF that is the case, then I really should be getting one. Never had one on my vehicle yet, 24k miles.

My tuner/engine builder/parts salesman told me they're unnessisary. I'm making 750whp + and he's making around 850whp on his car with Boost & Nitrous... I think they clutter up the engine bay myself...

Is that on the stock bottom end???

Unnecessary or not, they would give me peace of mind if I had one. IF, that's the case.

Vert

Established Member
Do yourself a favor and put on the drivers side. I was running a jlt just on the pass side and after 8k miles I pulled my throttle body and elbow on my vmp and they had a good coating of oil. I could also see oil inside my supercharger housing. Spend the 130 bucks for piece of mind.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread